This is a seasonal position starting November 7th, 2019, ending approximately January 05, 2020. The Polar Express Host is responsible for properly greeting the dining room guests and seating them in an expedient fashion while maintaining a proper seating flow in the seating sections and interacting with guests in a friendly cheerful manner .
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Greet the guests as they approach the podium and make them feel welcome to the dining room.
- Seat the guest(s) as quickly as possible or if table is not immediately available accurately informing the guest(s) of how long the wait period will be.
- Keep the seating chart current and seat guests in a proper flow in the sections so as to not over seat any sections.
- Keep menus clean and presentable and discard any menus that are too worn or tattered.
- Be knowledgeable with all buffet sections.
- Report any guest complaints and/or issues immediately to the Service Manager or Unit Manager. Respond to such in a professional, sincere manner.
- Complete opening and closing side duties according to dining room standards.
- Maintain seating log to ensure accurate cover count for the seating period.
- Assist Buffet servers as needed to clear and set tables.
- Is knowledgeable and follows Xanterra phone etiquette policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 16 years of age or older.
- Previous experience in a guest facing position preferably in the Hospitality Industry.
- Ability to display and practice being a team player.
- Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications, follow detailed directions).
- Communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions)
- Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills)
- Basic math skills.
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries.
- Work in inclement restaurant conditions.
- Work safely to ensure company equipment is secure.
- Wear protective equipment as required by the job duties.
- Complete required alcohol awareness and food safety certifications.
- Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, overtime, and various shift work as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Constantly standing, walking, twisting, using eye/hand coordination, manual dexterity, handling, wrist motion, bending/ stooping.
- Frequently carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 10lbs.
- Occasionally carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 50lbs.
- Constantly listening, hearing, seeing, and speaking.
- Will be required to stand and walk for long periods of time on cement floors and to occasionally walk on uneven surfaces.
Apply on company website