This is a seasonal position starting November 7th, 2019, ending approximately January 05, 2020. The Polar Express Kitchen Steward works with all distributors with deliveries and ensure product is acceptable and matches invoice, properly puts all orders away under the direction of the Manager on Duty. The Steward will also work with co-workers to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Understand and adhere to Grand Depot Café's standards and practices including sanitation and safety policies.
- Responsible for understanding and practicing proper chemical storage, handling and refill procedures.
- Works with all distributors with deliveries and ensure product is acceptable and matches invoice, and properly puts all orders away under the direction of MOD.
- Works with co-workers to ensure the proper disposal of trash and cardboard.
- Maintains temperature charts of all coolers and hot storage on a daily basis.
- Breaks down and cleans Taylor ice cream machines once a week.
- Maintains linen & uniforms by sorting and storing.
- Cleans and organizes prep kitchen, line, storerooms, walk-in coolers and chemical storage.
- Maintains post mix sodas by sorting, stacking and storing.
- Properly stores empty bags, boxes and crates.
- Maintains mop room and equipment including mop heads changing.
- Cleans and maintains restrooms after closing.
- Keeps all equipment, food and paper properly stored.
- Assists buffet and dish room personnel with stocking, storage and preparation of food. Ensure proper date and time marking of buffet items and all food products.
- Works with co-workers to ensure the sweeping and mopping of entire kitchen including coolers and dry storage is completed in a timely manner.
- Notifies supervisor of any problems needing immediate attention.
- Ensures all daily cleaning assignments on Kitchen Cleaning Schedule are completed.
- Ensures all daily cleaning assignments on Dishwasher Closing Check List are completed.
- Completes all assignments on Steward Cleaning Schedule.
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to receive certificate of completion of the Coconino County Food Handlers Course within thirty (30) days of employment.
- Previous experience in high volume food and beverage industry as a Steward or in a line cook or prep cooks capacity.\
- Knowledgeable in food service sanitation standards and first in first out (FIFO).
- Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications, follow detailed directions).
- Communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions)
- Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills)
- Basic math skills
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries.
- Work in inclement kitchen conditions. (heat, steam, cold, chemicals)
- Work safely to ensure company equipment is secure.
- Wear protective equipment as required by the job duties.
- Complete required food safety courses and certifications.
- Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, overtime, and various shift work as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Constantly standing, walking, twisting, using eye/hand coordination, manual dexterity, handling, wrist motion, bending/ stooping.
- Frequently carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 40lbs.
- Occasionally carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 100lbs.
- Constantly listening, hearing, seeing, and speaking.
- Will be required to stand and walk for long periods of time on cement floors and to occasionally walk on uneven surfaces.
- Static Strength-The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull or carry objects.
- Trunk Strength-The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without giving our or fatiguing.
Apply on company website