This is a full-time year round position working at the Grand Canyon Railway in Williams, AZ. The Painter is responsible for handling all work orders relating to painting of Grand Canyon Railway facilities.
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Works to maintain all painting equipment.
- Mix and blend paints.
- Prepares painting tasks above and beyond minimum standards.
- Prepares all types of surfaces for painting to ensure maximum degree of durability.
- Performs interior and exterior spray painting and properly maintain equipment.
- Gives accurate estimate of time and material needed for a given project.
- Applies tape and textures drywall.
- Applies spray-on acoustic ceiling.
- Safely operates and use sandblasting equipment to prepare surfaces.
- Handle all work orders regarding painting, interior, and exterior, in a timely, thorough, and cost effective manner.
- Develop formal work plans to paint or repair the facilities that include labor and material costing and all elements of safety and material handling.
- Maintain high levels of quality control throughout painting projects.
- Refinish or touch up furniture coatings to extend the life of the item.
- Order paint for projects, ensuring that paint color(s) are matched, and/or approved colors.
- Professional interface with guests and internal customers.
- Maintain a clean work site and do cleanup of site to housekeeping standards.
- Prioritize work orders for painting, based on guestroom occupancy, weather, and GCR Service requirements.
- Ensure that painting projects adhere to all Xanterra/GCR environmental policies in the application, mixing, disposal, storage and transport of paint and associated paint products.
- Provide training and development to lower Painter grades.
- Adhere to all safety, risk management and environmental policies concerning tasks.
- Wear required personal protective equipment in performance of tasks.
- Adhere to Lock Out /Tag Procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a valid Arizona Driver's License, and be able to comply with the Xanterra/GCR Company Vehicle Policy.
- Minimum four-year's experience as a commercial painter.
- Competent in all areas of Painter positions II & III
- Working knowledge of National Fire Code requirements pertaining to storage and use of paint products.
- Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications, follow detailed directions)
- Communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions)
- Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills)
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries.
- Work in all inclement weather conditions.
- Work safely to ensure company equipment is secure.
- Wear protective equipment as required by the job duties.
- Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, overtime, and various shift work as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly standing, walking, balancing, climbing, twisting, eye/hand coordination, manual dexterity, handling, wrist motion, bending/ stooping, ascending and descending ladder.
- Trunk Strength-The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without giving our or fatiguing.
- Static Strength-The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull or carry objects.
- Constant carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 10lbs.
- Frequently carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 25lbs.
- Occasionally carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 100lbs.
- Constantly listening, hearing, seeing, and speaking.
- Will be required to stand and walk for long periods of time on cement floors and to occasionally walk on uneven surfaces.
Apply on company website