This is a seasonal position starting November 7th, 2019, ending approximately January 05, 2020. The Service Bartender at the Grand Depot Café provides courteous, efficient beverage service to guests and servers while maintaining proper pour control and alcohol awareness.
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Provide prompt, efficient and courteous beverage service to guests ensuring proper mixology, portion control and content information to guests.
- Practice full alcohol awareness as to the levels of guest alcohol consumption and make decision as to continued service and consumption.
- When necessary courteously and discreetly (as possible) cut-off guests from further service and consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Strictly enforce ID compliance to ensure legal age requirements for service and consumption are met.
- Make sure bar operation is set up and ready to open on time.
- Make sure bar operation makes “last call” and stops serving at the proper time.
- Stock product and perform side work following established procedure on a daily basis per shift assignment.
- Provide dining room service bar to Food & Beverage Servers for beverage orders.
- Maintain sanitation standards for the bar area.
- Perform cashier duties as needed using the Micros system including; ringing up sales collecting cash, credit card, or room charge; tracking Server sales; making shift deposit.
- May be required to perform duties of Buffet Server as needed and assigned by the manager on duty.
- Handle all guest complaints to best of ability and circumstance as necessary.
- Adhere to all safety and risk management policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Previous bartending experience with alcohol awareness training is preferred.
- Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications, follow detailed directions).
- Communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions)
- Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills)
- Basic math skills.
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries.
- Work in all inclement weather conditions.
- Work safely to ensure company equipment is secure.
- Wear protective equipment as required by the job duties.
- Complete required alcohol awareness and food safety certifications.
- Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, overtime, and various shift work as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Constantly standing, walking, twisting, using eye/hand coordination, manual dexterity, handling, wrist motion, bending/ stooping.
- Frequently carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 10lbs.
- Occasionally carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 50lbs.
- Constantly listening, hearing, seeing, and speaking.
- Will be required to stand and walk for long periods of time on cement floors and to occasionally walk on uneven surfaces.
Apply on company website