This is a seasonal position, starting November 4, 2019 through May 4, 2020, working at the Grand Canyon Railway in Williams, AZ. The Trackman is a physically demanding position responsible for ensuring the track, bridgework, and railroad right-of-way are in good repair to provide safe and efficient railroad operations for passengers and employees.
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Responsible for ensuring the railroad right-of-way is in good repair and provide for safe and efficient railroad operations.
- Responsible for replacing railroad ties and rails as directed.
- Assists in repair of bridges and culverts where needed and as directed.
- Responsible for cleaning right-of-way as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a valid and clear Arizona Driver's License to comply with Xanterra/GCR Vehicle Policy.
- Comply with FRA/ACC requirements, along with 49 CFR parts 214 Roadway Worker Safety, part 219 Drug & Alcohol Testing, and part 237 Bridge Safety Program.
- Valid Arizona Driver's License
- Valid Arizona Commercial Driver's License
- Previous railroad experience.
- First Aid/CPR certification.
- Bilingual English/Spanish skills
- Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications--both general and technical)
- Communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions)
- Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills)
- Mechanical aptitude
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries
- Works safely and efficiently to ensure company equipment is safely secured at all times.
- Wear protective equipment such as hard hat, hearing protection, respitory protection, safety-toe boots and safety glasses as required by the job duties.
- Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, overtime, and various shift work
- Complete all required annual training and routine efficiency testing (49 cfr part 217.9).
- Comply with random testing for drugs and/or alcohol
- Must pass all required assessments
- Work outside in all weather conditions, , and on occasion at elevated heights.
- May be exposed to fumes, oils, dust on a daily basis
- Heavy work, lifting and pulling up to 100 pounds and the use of hydraulic and hand tools
- Stoop/bend/kneel/crouch/balance/climb on a regular basis.
- Walking long distances over uneven terrain
- Must meet auditory and visual acuity/tracking/inspection thresholds.
- Exposure to equipment that intensifies the heat, noise and dust factors on an occasional basis
Apply on company website