Responsible for greeting and assisting guests in a courteous manner and promoting and upselling Retail merchandise, thereby ensuring that consistent revenue is generated in retail shops.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
- Welcomes guests to the retail shops in a friendly, courteous manner.
- Consistently upsells and recommends product to guests.
- Becomes familiar with all gift shop items and inventory, and provides assistance and information to both internal and external guests.
- Operates the POS System to accept payment for retail sales, in the form of cash, credit and complimentary, making correct change as required.
- Balancing cash drawer at shift end and ensuring proper paperwork is completed for Accounting.
- Communicates accurate records of merchandise sold and stock on hand.
- Maintains working knowledge of Grand Casino, facilities and special and upcoming events on property, in order to advise guests of same, whenever possible.
- Ensure flow of communication to following shift of important or relevant information.
- Create and set up displays of merchandise to keep shop updated with new or featured products.
- Works to achieve and maintain a maximum level of guest service and guest satisfaction.
- Attend mandatory department meetings to facilitate flow of information throughout Retail outlets.
- Inspects merchandise, to ensure it is correctly priced and displayed to its best advantage.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent and regular attendance record.
- Exercises teamwork throughout shift.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Trustworthy and collaborative relationships with others.
- Organized and flexible to meet the needs of the business, guests and associates.
- Exhibit the values of the company culture; honesty, humility, truth, wisdom, love, respect, and bravery.
- Begin work on time for their scheduled shifts, schedule PTO in advance and exhibits flexibility in scheduling or supporting other Associates by assuming shifts from other team members or Department demands.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma, general education degree (GED) or ability to pass our Basic Skills Assessment.
Apply on company website