DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Sterile Processing Technician.
At Grand Strand Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Repayment
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We are seeking a Sterile Processing Technician to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
The Sterile Processing Technician has the primary responsibility of processing and maintaining quality control of surgical instruments, and the monitoring of sterilization/decontamination equipment used in Surgical Services. The Sterile Processing Technician is also responsible for cleaning and disinfecting equipment and supplies that are used throughout the hospital. The position requires a thorough knowledge of surgical instrumentation/equipment decontamination, sterilization principles and practices, instrument tray assembly and inventory control.
What you will do in this role:
- You will provide hospital departments, including but not limited to, the OR, the Emergency Room and Labor and Delivery, with sterile instruments and trays in accordance with departmental policies and procedures
- You will properly decontaminate, clean, inspect, assemble, package, sterilize, store, distribute and document reusable surgical instruments and equipment according to established procedures
- You will collect soiled equipment from nursing units and deliver to the decontamination area
- You will be responsible for the ordering of supplies and instruments and pulling of cases
- You will be required to keep accurate and legible records
- You will be required to transport patients as needed
- You will replenish carts as needed
- A High School Diploma or GED is preferred
- A Central Sterile Certification is required
- Prior sterilization and surgical instrumentation experience is preferred
Grand Strand Medical Center, located in beautiful Myrtle Beach, SC, is a 350 plus bed acute care hospital serving residents of Horry and the surrounding counties. Each day we are committed to building a healthy community across the greater Grand Strand. To accomplish this, we aim to identify top talent aligned with our values and dedicated to cultivating our mission. We invite you to learn more about this fantastic opportunity, who we are and how you can join our dynamic team.
Our hospital offers the only cardiac surgery program, neurosurgery program and pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) in Horry and Georgetown counties. Additionally, Grand Strand Medical Center is a designated Level I Adult Trauma Center and Level II Pediatric Trauma Center by South Carolina DHEC. Our hospital is also the only Comprehensive Stroke Center in the service area, certified by DNV-GL.
Grand Strand Medical Center is recognized by the Join Commission for the following programs:
- Chest pain
- Knee and hip replacement
In addition, we have received awards from the American Heart Association for our treatment of heart attacks and strokes.
HCA Healthcare, the parent company of Grand Strand Medical Center, has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our Sterile Processing Technician opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website