Catering Production and Attendant
Located in Palo Alto
Produce catered foods that are visually appealing and good tasting to Guckenheimer standards Prepare, attractively arrange, and deliver catered meals and other foodstuffs as required.
- Passion for customer service
- Positive attitude
- Team focused
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Season and prepare food according to recipes and experience using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Wash, peel, cut, and produce, meats and vegetables to utilized for cold food production.
- Prepare hot and cold foods per customer orders as required.
- Organize deliveries so they are made efficiently, on time, in a professional and unobtrusive manner.
- Delivery of all pieces of the order along with decor, garnishes, equipment, utensils, and condiments
- Portion, arrange, garnish food attractively on platters and serve food to patrons.
- Substitute for or assist other pantry employees during emergencies or rush periods.
- Follow all safety rules and actively prevent accidents.
- Commitment to the service values and ethics of the client company.
- Comply with all ServSafe and HACCP programs and principles.
- Must be able to correctly and safely use standard kitchen equipment: chef knives, convection ovens, meat and cheese slicing machines, steamers, mandolins, grills, broilers, etc.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for food preparation.
- Must have knowledge of standard catering presentation techniques.
- Job requires skills to organize scheduled work to ensure on-time deliveries.
- Possess current City/State Food Handlers Card or ability to become certified soon after hire
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 #.
- Employee must be able to work on their feet 8 hours per day excluding breaks.
- Employee has to work under pressure and time deadlines during peak periods.
- Job requires delivery of hot and cold food to on campus sites using carts and vans.
Reports to: Food Service Manager, General Manager, Catering Supervisor
FLSA status: non-exempt, hourly
Guckenheimer is a national foodservice management company that pioneered restaurant style, healthful dining in the workplace. We encourage our team members to join in community events such as Chef Ann Foundation to support the #RealSchoolFood campaign, promoting cooking healthy meals with real ingredients at schools., Second Harvest Food Bank, Girls on the Run, and many more community programs.
We offer fantastic health and wellness benefit options that include but not limited to medical, HSA, a rewarding wellness program, dental, vision, FSA, commuter benefits, EAP, free meal each day, free pair of safety shoes at time of hire, and much more. Guckenheimer's own Learning Management System at your fingertips and a yearly tuition reimbursement program will enable you to enhance your career development in your new and exciting position with Guckenheimer!
Guckenheimer embraces equal opportunity employment
Guckenheimer participates in the E-Verify Program, as required by Law
Apply on company website