You're inspired by fresh ingredients, culinary innovation, and nourishing inspiration. You love awakening the senses. You're a Chef with a passion for quality food, and the guest experience. You're also proficient in Korean cooking techniques, and possess a cultural understanding.
Manage culinary operations with an emphasis on preparations, cooking techniques, authenticity, and cultural awareness. Support the Executive Chef, inspire a team, and drive execution in a scratch environment. Assist with day-to-day leadership and culinary reporting related to the location. Ensure systems are adhered to and all team members have received proper training.
Work in coordination with the staff to complete all food preparation. Prepare visually appealing - and good tasting foods - to Guckenheimer standards. Prepare, season, and cook soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, or other foodstuffs as required. Serve and engage with guests during meal periods.
- Must be proficient in Korean cooking techniques and possess a cultural understanding.
- Bilingual (Korean / English) Required.
- Passion for customer service
- Positive attitude
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Culinary School or Hospitality certification or work equivalent.
- ServSafe certification
- Season and cook food according to recipes and experience.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, taking temperatures. Adjust seasoning to customer tastes.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to patrons.
- Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
- Inventory completion
- Commitment to the service values and ethics of the client company.
- Follow all safety rules and actively prevent accidents.
- Ability to correctly and safely use standards kitchen equipment. Chefs' knives; Convection ovens; Rotating rack ovens; Meat and cheese slicing machines, steamers, mandolins, grills and broilers.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for food preparation.
- Product ordering and receiving.
- Menu Planning
- Assisting with food preparation and service in other areas of the kitchen.
- Commitment to scratch cooking and healthful foods.
- Identify new recipes for use
Reporting to this position: Kitchen staff
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 #. Employee must be able to work on their feet 7.5 hour per day excluding breaks.
- Employee has to work under pressure and time deadlines during peak periods.
Guckenheimer, is a national foodservice management company that pioneered restaurant style, healthful dining in the workplace. We encourage our team members to join in community events such as Chef Ann Foundation to support the #RealSchoolFood campaign, promoting cooking healthy meals with real ingredients at schools., Second Harvest Food Bank, Girls on the Run, and many more community programs.
We offer fantastic health and wellness benefit options that include but not limited to medical, HSA, a rewarding wellness program, dental, vision, FSA, commuter benefits, EAP, free meal each day, free pair of safety shoes at time of hire, and much more. Guckenheimer's own Learning Management System at your finger tips and a yearly tuition reimbursement program will enable you to enhance your career development in your new and exciting position with Guckenheimer!
Guckenheimer embraces equal opportunity employment
Guckenheimer participates in the E-Verify Program, as required by Law
Apply on company website