Food. Cooking. Creativity. Is this your life? Do you believe that commitment unlocks unlimited potential? We are the perfect Company to launch or further your career. We are all about great ingredients, culinary innovation and nourishing inspiration. Guckenheimer, is a national foodservice management company that pioneered restaurant style, healthful dining in the workplace.
We offer fantastic health and wellness benefit options that include but not limited to medical, HSA, a rewarding wellness program, dental, vision, FSA, commuter benefits, EAP, free meal each day, free pair of safety shoes at time of hire, and much more. We encourage you to apply to our Cook opportunity and bring your knowledge and passion of high quality food and customer service to our culinary program. Position Summary: Produce visually appealing and good tasting foods to Guckenheimer and Client standards.
Prepare, season, and cook soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, or other foodstuffs as required. Serving customers during meal periods.
Prep food ,prepare mise en place, clean kitchen daily.
Other assigned duties as needed
- Knowledge of from scratch culinary technique(Braising, Searing, Grilling, Sauce Making,Knife skills,etc)
- Must possess a professional "Sense of Urgency" in all tasks
- 3-5 years professional cooking experience in a mid/upscale restaurant environment under the leadership of an Executive Chef
- Passion for customer service
- Positive attitude
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Professional Restaurant experience preffered
- Season and cook food according to recipes, Chef Direction and experience.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, taking temperatures. Adjust seasoning to customer tastes.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to patrons.
- Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
- Follow all safety rules and actively prevent accidents.
- Commitment to the service values and ethics of the client company.
- Ability to use basic computer programs for inputting and organizing data and menus.
- Comply with all ServSafe and HACCP programs and principles
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Ability to correctly and safely use standards kitchen equipment. Chefs' knives; Convection ovens; Rotating rack ovens; Meat and cheese slicing machines, steamers, mandolins, grills and broilers.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for food preparation.
Reports to: Director/Executive Chef FLSA status: Nonexempt
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 #. Employee must be able to work on their feet 8 hour per day excluding breaks.
- Employee has to work under pressure and time deadlines during peak periods.
Guckenheimer embraces equal opportunity employment
Guckenheimer participates in the E-Verify Program, as required by Law
Apply on company website