About Guitar Center
Guitar Center embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find their own individual sound. We strive to craft lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the almost indescribable happiness that comes from playing an instrument. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity and fulfilling our mission with passion.
The Guitar Center Company operates through several business divisions. Guitar Center is the world's largest retailer of guitars, amplifiers, drums, keyboards, recording, live sound, DJ, and lighting equipment, with more than 290 stores across the United States. 2014 marked the milestone 50th anniversary of the Guitar Center Company as the organization continues to help people make music from coast to coast.
The Musician's Friend business offers online sales of a broad selection of music products under the Musician's Friend and Music 123 brand names. The Music & Arts division operates more than 220 stores specializing in band & orchestral instruments for sale and rental, serving teachers, band directors, college professors, and students since 1952. AVDG and GCPro headline the enterprise audio-visual integration business, delivering a best-in-class commercial and residential customer experience.
The purpose of this job is to transform high level business requirements into reporting solutions that meet or exceed the needs of internal business clients. The analyst will receive guidance and mentoring from senior analyst and managers.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Assisting in business requirement development for reports, metrics, and documents. Supporting the timely flow of business intelligence information to users.
- Understanding and becoming proficient with business systems in the areas of retail, online retail, logistics, fulfillment, merchandising, forecasting, etc.
- Performing UAT/Validation on newly created objects, reports, metrics, etc.
- Incorporating data from multiple sources including sales, inventory, product, and customer databases to create integrated views that can be used to drive decision making
- Performing analysis, working with several large and complex SQL, DB2, and Access databases
- Building reports and analysis in MicroStrategy and Excel
- Maintaining and updating business intelligence tools, databases, dashboards, systems, or methods.
- Assisting in requirements gathering sessions with project teams
- Helping with Technical Design Documents for BI tools, reports and processes.
- Testing use case scenarios to validate data flow from various systems into the EDW
- Additional duties as assigned
To join our band, you'll need the following experience:
- Bachelor's Degree is required, preferably in MIS, Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering, or related field or 4 years of relevant work experience
- 4 years of relevant work experience in business or consulting (in addition to degree or years of previous experience), preferably working with Data Warehouses, ERP Systems, MicroStrategy reporting, etc.
- Intermediate proficiency with Qualitative/Quantitative analytics, preferably in a retail environment
- Intermediate proficiency in the following programming languages at a minimum (NZ SQL/ORACLE PL/SQL and VBA)
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Excel (formulas, pivot tables, macros, etc.)
Why join us?
With a career at Guitar Center, you become part of the world's largest multichannel musical instrument retailer. Whether at our Stores, Contact Centers, Distribution Centers, or Support Center, Guitar Center employees have a common goal: to help people find their sound and fill the world with more music.
Love this gig and want to apply?
Send your resume and cover letter today along with salary expectations!
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website