Position Summary: Lead Mobile Developer
The Lead Mobile Developer will be responsible for leading the development and support activities for our native mobile applications, which currently consists of two brands with a shared codebase, built on the Xamarin Forms platform. This includes debugging and bug fixes, maintenance and enhancement, new feature implementation, and support of QA and production builds and deployments. The position will collaborate with project managers, information architects, usability engineers, and user experience designers to refine and improve the user experience.
As a Mobile Development Lead, you will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle which includes estimating, technical design, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment, and support of mobile applications. In this role, you will design, develop, test, maintain mobile applications using C#, Xamarin Forms, iOS and Android.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Works with the mobile marketing manager and business teams to prioritize enhancements for the mobile applications.
- Leads the mobile development team in implementing new functionality for the mobile applications.
- Develops, implements, and maintains mobile interfaces and interactions using C#, Xamarin Forms, and the Ionic Framework.
- Keeps current with mobile technologies, coding standards, and best practices.
- Track issues and bugs with a variety of software programs.
- Collaborates with a multi-disciplinary team that includes server-side developers, information architects, user experience designers, usability engineers, marketers and merchandisers to determine their needs for assigned projects.
- Additional duties as assigned.
About Guitar Center
The Guitar Center Company embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find their own individual sound. Our mission is to develop and nurture lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the joy that comes from creating music. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity and fulfilling our mission with passion.
The Guitar Center Company operates through several business divisions. Guitar Center is the world's largest retailer of guitars, amplifiers, drums, keyboards, recording, live sound, DJ, and lighting equipment, with more than 290 stores across the United States. 2014 marked the milestone 50th anniversary of the Guitar Center Company as the organization continues to help people make music from coast to coast.
E-Commerce brands Guitar Center, Musician's Friend and WWBW offer online sales of a broad selection of music products. The Music & Arts division operates more than 220 stores specializing in band & orchestral instruments for sale and rental, serving teachers, band directors, college professors, and students since 1952. AVDG and GCPro headline the enterprise audio-visual integration business, delivering a best-in-class commercial and residential customer experience.
To join our band, you'll need the following experience:
- Bachelor's Degree (or 4 years of equivalent work experience).
- 6 years of relevant development experience with C#, Xamarin (Forms, iOS and Android) preferably within eCommerce
- Intermediate proficiency with user interfaces, image optimization, scripting, web accessibility standards, design & development standards, and cross-platform issues.
- Basic Knowledge of third party service providers.
- Prior experience with push notifications and in--app messaging is a plus.
Why join us?
With a career at Guitar Center, you become part of the world's largest multichannel musical instrument retailer. Whether at our Stores, Contact Centers, Distribution Centers, or Support Center, Guitar Center employees have a common goal: to help people find their sound and fill the world with more music.
Love this gig and want to apply?
Send your resume and cover letter today along with salary expectations!
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website