About Guitar Center
Guitar Center embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find their own individual sound. We strive to craft lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the almost indescribable happiness that comes from playing an instrument. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity and fulfilling our mission with passion.
Why join us?
With a career at Guitar Center, you become part of the world's largest multichannel musical instrument retailer. Whether at our Stores, Contact Centers, Distribution Centers, or Support Center, Guitar Center employees have a common goal: to help people find their sound and fill the world with more music.
Love this gig and want to apply?
Send your resume and cover letter today along with salary expectations!
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Manager of Organization Development (OD) is responsible for driving organization performance through defining, developing and delivering strategic programs and solutions, including talent and performance management, career development frameworks and programs and leadership development initiatives. As a thought partner to the Director of OD, this role will consult, facilitate and assess the business for improvement related to performance, development and succession planning. In addition, this role will be responsible for managing and maintaining the relevance of content, program, or initiative of various OD Team deliverables.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Partner with enterprise leadership to develop and/or revise strategic approach to talent initiatives.
- Strategize leadership framework and design programs that align to business needs.
- Facilitate leadership-level programs.
- Design, develop, and implement manager-level programs.
- Drive enterprise engagement survey process -- communication and action planning.
- Coach, guide and develop team.
- Partner with Director of OD to design and create resources for Talent Management Framework such as critical role success profiles.
- Lead performance management process enterprise wide, including streamlining process, revisions to applicable forms, reporting and communication efforts, identifying best practices, developing resources to support best practices, supporting a culture of high performance and tracking results.
- Build on existing career pathways and ensure level of information shared is of value and is relevant.
- Lead, coach and develop direct reports including hiring, performance management and termination decisions.
- Additional duties as assigned.
To join our band, you'll need the following experience:
- Master's Degree (or 6 years of equivalent work experience), preferably in Organization Development, Human Resources. Training and Development or related field.
- 6+ years of experience translating OD strategies into practical business applications.
- 4 years of experience leading teams.
- 4 years of experience managing Organization Development programs.
- Strong understanding of talent management, adult learning theory and workforce planning.
- Basic understanding of Learning Management Systems.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Proficient in survey design, data analysis and interpretation of results.
Apply on company website