PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The purpose of this job is to ship & receive stock/shipments, administer daily tasks, and ensure
product is merchandised for the customer to have a great experience in our stores.
- Tasks related to inventory control
- Shipping and receiving of gear and other items
- Cycle Counting of Inventory (preparation and execution)
- Stocking and merchandising to a planogram
- Printing and placing of signage and price signs (POP)
- Cash Handling
- Shrink awareness and control
- Additional duties as assigned
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & SPECIAL ATTRIBUTES
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Entry level; zero years of relevant work experience required
- Basic understanding of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Collaboration: Able to develop cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group, working toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties. Good team player, able to build good working relationships with others. Able to follow direction to accomplish objectives.
- Customer Focus: Understands customer service principles, and able to provide an excellent customer experience. Able to connect with customers in a meaningful way. Is approachable, genuine, knowledgeable, encouraging, passionate, and committed to helping customers.
- Initiative: Able to identify opportunities & issues and follow through on work activities to capitalize or resolve them. Able to learn quickly and take positive action without being requested to do so.
- Interpersonal Communication: Able to communicate through various means (written and verbal) with diverse, individuals, including internal and external stakeholders at all levels in a clear, concise, positive, and courteous manner. Able to demonstrate respect to others, surroundings, and self.
- Organizational Skills: Able to utilize time, energy, and resources to stay on track and achieve goals. Able to adhere to a systematic course of action to achieve an objective. Able to multitask and pay strong attention to detail in a fast-paced & high-urgency environment. Able to handle a variety of tasks related to cash handling and inventory.
- Selling: Able to work through GC certification program to gain a base understanding of products and sales techniques.
- Technology Skills: Able to navigate and learn new technology and retail systems, equipment, and computer programs needed to fulfill communication, customer service, and business needs & expectations.
- Physical Functions: Standing required 30% of the time. Walking required 25% of the time. Lifting required 20% of the time. Climbing required 15% of the time. Bending/Squatting required 15% of the time. The person in this role must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Language Skills: Must be able to speak, read, write, and comprehend English.
Apply on company website