PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The purpose of this job is to lead the team responsible for ensuring that merchandise is properly
received, properly stocked, brought to the sales floor, and merchandised according to
planograms, promotions, and standards.
- Partner with the Store Manager and other members of the management team to achieve EBITDA, sales and margin goals
- Ensure proper staffing levels within the department. Hire and train the Operations Associates.
- Assist in training all associates
- Shipping and receiving of gear and other store related items
- Warehouse organization and stocking and Maintenance of the facility
- Loss prevention and safety, inventory management, cash management, and business reporting
- Conduct standardized POP audits on a weekly basis, ensuring product is merchandised to planogram standards (including POP, SKU, and inventory integrity audits).
- Holding "the Mic" and driving sales when scheduled
- Opening and closing of the store
- Additional duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience working in retail or in warehouse setting
- Valid state driver's license and automotive insurance.
- Intermediate proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must be able to work in a loud environment for 5-8 hours.
- Must be able to work weekends, holiday, and evenings.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Associates Degree
- Understanding of Guitar Center retail systems and processes
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 1‐818-735-8800 ext. 2862 or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website