About Guitar Center
Guitar Center embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find their own individual sound. We strive to craft lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the almost indescribable happiness that comes from playing an instrument. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity and fulfilling our mission with passion.
Why join us?
With a career at Guitar Center, you become part of the world's largest multichannel musical instrument retailer. Whether at our Stores, Contact Centers, Distribution Centers, or Support Center, Guitar Center employees have a common goal: to help people find their sound and fill the world with more music.
Love this gig and want to apply?
Send your resume and cover letter today along with salary expectations!
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐ related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 1‐818-735-8800 ext. 2862 or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Job Title: Repair Tech
You will be responsible for perform maintenance and repair services on customer-owned instruments and to assist in maintenance of specific store inventory, continually building and increasing the business through phenomenal customer experience and quality work.Standout applicants will demonstrate:
You have a consultative approach and operate as a standout colleague. Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Interact with customers, offering consultative services that lead to the sale of repair services and merchandise and a positive customer experience
- Service customer-owned instruments with a high level of craftsmanship
- Travel to stores to provide certification and skills training o Including New Hire training, Grand Opening training, etc.
- Evaluate store performance and give recommendations on areas for improvement within the store o Reporting issues to Repair Support team at GC Headquarters
- Field support calls/emails form Support Techs in assigned areas
- Maintain store owned gear as requested Complete warranty repair work as required
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Valid state driver's license and automotive insurance
- 2 years of repair tech experience
- 1 year of professional customer service experience
- Intermediate proficiency in the MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Applicants who hit the right notes will have the following characteristics:
- Customer Focus: Understands customer service principles, and able to provide an excellent customer experience. Able to connect with customers in a meaningful way. Is approachable, genuine, knowledgeable, encouraging, passionate, and committed to helping customers.
- Initiative: Able to find opportunities & issues and follow through on work activities to capitalize or resolve them. Able to learn quickly and take positive action without being requested to do so.
- Interpersonal Communication: Able to communicate through various means (written and verbal) with diverse, individuals, including internal and external partners at all levels in a clear, concise, positive, and courteous manner.
- Organizational Skills: Knowing how to utilize time, energy, and resources to stay on track and achieve objectives. Able to adhere to a systematic course of action to achieve an objective. Able to multitask and pay strong attention to detail in a fast-paced & high-urgency environment. Able to complete tasks thoroughly in a timely manner.
- Selling: Able to work through GC certification program to gain a base understanding of products and sales techniques.
- Technology Skills: Able to navigate and learn new technology and retail systems, equipment, and computer programs needed to fulfill communication, customer service, and business needs & expectations.
- Training: Able to effectively train learners and communicate info and techniques so that they are retained.
Apply on company website