PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The purpose of this job is to serve as the face of Guitar Center in the store, greeting customers,
qualifying their needs, matching their need to the right product, and pitching and overcoming
objections to close the sale.
- Achieving sales goals (sales per hour)
- Reach sales targets on services (established by Guitar Center)
- Assist customers and guide them through the sales process
- Continual learning through the onboarding, certification and continuing education process
- Assisting with the execution of all tasks to ensure the store is ready to conduct business and service customers
- Replenish displays (fill holes, ensure displays are functional)
- Clienteling (where applicable)
- Additional duties as assigned
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & SPECIAL ATTRIBUTES
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Entry level; zero years of relevant work experience required
- Intermediate knowledge of Musical Instruments sold within Guitar Center (Guitars, Drums, Tech, etc.)
- Collaboration: Able to develop cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group, working toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties. Good team player, able to build good working relationships with others.
- Customer Focus: Understands customer service principles, and able to provide an excellent customer experience. Able to connect with customers in a meaningful way. Is approachable, genuine, knowledgeable, encouraging, passionate, and committed to helping customers.
- Initiative: Able to identify opportunities & issues and follow through on work activities to capitalize or resolve them. Able to learn quickly and take positive action without being requested to do so.
- Interpersonal Communication: Able to communicate through various means (written and verbal) with diverse, individuals, including internal and external stakeholders at all levels in a clear, concise, positive, and courteous manner. Able to demonstrate respect to others, surroundings, and self.
- Organizational Skills: Able to utilize time, energy, and resources to stay on track and achieve goals. Able to adhere to a systematic course of action to achieve an objective. Able to multitask and pay strong attention to detail in a fast-paced & high-urgency environment. Able to complete tasks thoroughly in a timely manner.
- Selling: Able to work through GC certification program to gain a base understanding of products and sales techniques.
- Technology Skills: Able to navigate and learn new technology and retail systems, equipment, and computer programs needed to fulfill communication, customer service, and business needs & expectations.
- Physical Functions: Standing and walking required 30% of the time, respectively. Lifting required 20% of the time. Bending/Squatting and climbing required 15% of the time, respectively. 5% of the time. The person in this role must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Must be able to work in a loud environment for 5-8 hours. Must be able to work weekends, holiday, and evenings.
- Language Requirements: Must be able to speak, read, write, and comprehend English
Apply on company website