The Guitar Center Company is the world's largest retailer of guitars, amplifiers, drums, keyboards, recording, live sound, DJ, and lighting equipment, with more than 290 stores across the United States. 2014 marked the milestone 50th anniversary of the Guitar Center Brand as the company continues to help people make music from coast to coast.
Guitar Center operates through several business divisions. The Musician's Friend business offers online sales of a broad selection of music products under the Musician's Friend and Music 123 brand names. The Music & Arts division operates more than 220 stores specializing in band & orchestral instruments for sale and rental, serving teachers, band directors, college professors, and students since 1952. AVDG and GCPro headline the enterprise audio-visual integration business, delivering a best-in-class commercial and residential customer experience. With an unrivaled in-store experience and passionate commitment to making gear easy-to-buy, Guitar Center is all about enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the almost indescribable joy that comes from playing an instrument.
Guitar Center is seeking a Vice President of Lessons, who will be accountable for the management, growth, and execution of the Guitar Center lessons business while providing thought leadership, initiative prioritization, and execution in Guitar Center Stores with a prioritization on delivering a best-in-class student experience.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and execute a vision and strategy for the lessons business which is inclusive of studio and digital programming.
- Develop and implement a digital lessons strategy and program which is focused on gaining market share and providing a best in class student experience.
- Define and drive process improvements that eliminate friction, develop efficiencies and deliver cost savings.
- Maintain accountability for financial aspects of the business to include P&L, budgets, forecasts and all other business metrics.
- Create student and instructor retention and acquisition strategies which are necessary to sustain business growth.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop and capitalize on business opportunities.
- Increase awareness, build commitment and influence across the organization to support and drive the lessons business.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define, drive and actualize a marketing strategy and promotional calendar that drives the lessons strategy.
- Develop an organizational structure that delivers strong lessons performance and focuses on building best in class talent.
- Drive retail store leadership to deliver an outstanding lessons program by elevating operational processes and performance.
- Works effectively and collaboratively with Management Committee on program strategies to ensure collective buy-in and support for execution
To join our band you will need the following experience:
- Bachelor's Degree (or 4 years of equivalent work experience), preferably in Business, Music, Education, or related field
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience (in addition to degree or years of previous experience), preferably with experience leading music and/or music education programs
- 5 years of experience leading teams
- Previous experience with P&L ownership
Guitar Center embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find their own individual sound. We strive to create lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the almost indescribable happiness that comes from playing an instrument. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity and fulfilling our mission with passion.About Guitar Center
Guitar Center embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find their own individual sound. We strive to craft lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the almost indescribable happiness that comes from playing an instrument. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity and fulfilling our mission with passion.
Why join us?
With a career at Guitar Center, you become part of the world's largest multichannel musical instrument retailer. Whether at our Stores, Contact Centers, Distribution Centers, or Support Center, Guitar Center employees have a common goal: to help people find their sound and fill the world with more music.
Love this gig and want to apply?
Send your resume and cover letter today along with salary expectations!
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 1‐818-735-8800 ext. 2862 or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website