The Vice President, IT Infrastructure is responsible for the delivery of all IT infrastructure and related IT operations used to enable business capabilities and services across the enterprise. This role will drive transformational change by developing and aligning strategy and service offerings to the business strategy. It will report to the CTO and be a key member of the senior IT leadership team. We are looking for a dynamic and visionary technology leader who can drive change and add tremendous value to an evolving and growing organization.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Sets the mission, vision, and strategy of the Infrastructure organization to maximize the success of business and IT enterprise initiatives.
- Introduces innovative, differentiating infrastructure and operations capabilities that enhance our overall competitive advantage and enhance employee productivity.
- Develop and lead the cybersecurity and data management roadmap.
- Drive the migration of the organization from data center landscape to public cloud infrastructure.
Infrastructure Service Delivery
- Builds successful stakeholder relationships with other IT and business leaders by developing a clear understanding of business needs, acting as a trusted advisor, and ensuring cost-effective delivery of IT services to meet those needs.
- Creates and aligns a value map by linking targeted business outcomes with the future-state business capabilities required to achieve them.
- Defines, develops and manages a comprehensive and integrated best in class service delivery landscape, based on best-practice processes, disciplines and related toolsets.
- Operates a formal governance mechanism to establish and monitor effective controls for the processes and functions performed by teams. Supports periodic reviews by internal audit, compliance teams and other risk-related functions as required.
- Leverages influencing and negotiation skills across IT and the enterprise to enable cost-effective and innovative shared solutions in the achievement of business goals.
- Provides direction on what emerging technologies should be incorporated into products and services to successfully deliver overall IT strategy.
- Provides strategic direction and oversight for the full life cycle of design, development, operation and support of IT systems.
- Develops and controls the annual budget to ensure that it's consistent with the overall strategic objectives of IT and the enterprise and is within plan.
- Applies machine learning and automation to infrastructure operations.
- Supports corporate infrastructure as well as commercial and eCommerce infrastructure.
- Directs the development of a sourcing strategy and provides executive oversight for strategic vendor and partner relationship management.
- Manages ongoing vendor relationships and ensures timely and cost-effective delivery of services and products.
Policies and Procedures
- Develops, implements and oversees maintenance of policies and procedures of enterprise technology standards, governance processes and performance metrics.
- Collaborates with the VP, Enterprise Information Security to ensure the department embraces and applies security strategy.
- Develop and execute workforce plans that ensure the organization can supply skilled resources to meet current and future demand.
- Develops leaders within organization and ensures knowledge is shared across the team to facilitate global support capabilities.
To join our band, you'll need the following experience:
- Bachelor's Degree is required, preferably in Computer Science (or 4 years relevant work experience).
- 14 years of relevant work experience (in addition to degree or years of previous experience).
- 9 years of experience leading teams.
- 6 years of experience with infrastructure and application management in a retail environment (multiple remote data centers and multi-store environment).
- 6 years of experience managing vendors and contract management.
- 6 years of experience with IT budget and financial management.
- 6 years of experience with IT Change Management.
- 6 years of experience with IT Ticket management.
- Experience migrating organizations from physical data centers to public cloud infrastructure.
- Advanced working knowledge in several of the technologies used by Guitar Center IT for this division (Oracle RAC, Windows servers, Storage, VMWare, Citrix, Linux, AIX, Exchange, and various hardware platforms).
- Advanced Working knowledge of IT service management, metric management, SLA performance management.
- Expert knowledge of IT Escalation and triage management expertise.
About Guitar Center
The Guitar Center Company operates through several business divisions. Guitar Center is the world's largest retailer of guitars, amplifiers, drums, keyboards, recording, live sound, DJ, and lighting equipment, with more than 290 stores across the United States. 2014 marked the milestone 50th anniversary of the Guitar Center Company as the organization continues to help people make music from coast to coast.
The Musician's Friend business offers online sales of a broad selection of music products under the Musician's Friend and Music 123 brand names. The Music & Arts division operates more than 220 stores specializing in band & orchestral instruments for sale and rental, serving teachers, band directors, college professors, and students since 1952. AVDG and GCPro headline the enterprise audio-visual integration business, delivering a best-in-class commercial and residential customer experience.
Why join us?
With a career at Guitar Center, you become part of the world's largest multichannel musical instrument retailer. Whether at our Stores, Contact Centers, Distribution Centers, or Support Center, Guitar Center employees have a common goal: to help people find their sound and fill the world with more music.
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website