DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center is a 216-bed acute care hospital proudly serving Bay County and surrounding communities for 40 years. The hospital was recently named a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® – heart failure, heart attack, pneumonia, surgical care, and perinatal care – for the fourth consecutive year and has achieved certifications for its stroke and wound care. Located in Panama City, Florida, its team of more than 450 providers and 1,000 employees work to ensure patients receive the highest quality of care every day. With the area's only designated Pediatric ER, four-bed Pediatric ICU and 28-bed NICU, the hospital is ready to care for our youngest residents. The hospital has the only Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI as recognized by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. Additionally, the hospital's cancer program is accredited by the Commission on Cancer and the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC). These designations enhance the hospital's quality of care and demonstrate its commitment to higher, measurable standards of care.
Provide leadership for planning, management, implementation, integration and coordination of the Diagnostic Imaging Services in support of facility goals dedicated to excellence, effective leadership, and financial stability. Support the delivery of the high quality, cost effective patient care through activities based on facility strategic goals and objectives.Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential core function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, experience, and ability necessary to perform this job.
- Directs development of specific short and long-range programs and project plans to obtain the facility objectives.
- Responsible for the planning and coordination of Diagnostic Imaging department's daily activities, the operational efficiency and effectiveness as well as major impact on all other hospital areas.
- Effectively interviews and selects a qualified number of personnel as required to meet department objectives. Ensures hiring practices conform to appropriate Affirmative Action/EEO practices and regulations.
- Provides direction to the staff and supervisors of the Diagnostic Imaging Services. Reviews performance of the department staff and approves staff evaluations. Responsible for appropriate disciplinary action of staff members as needed.
- Oversees the prioritization of projects and directs resources to ensure the attainment of facility goals.
- Responsible for ensuring the department meets and adheres to all applicable federal, state, JCAHO, and local regulatory agency requirements and for ensuring the department and facilities success in any regulatory survey.
- Participates on various committees and other task forces as may be established by management to plan, organize and drive the facility.
- Directs and/or participates in regular discussions and reviews on a variety of diverse/complex issues including financial and administrative matters, which have hospital-wide impact.
- Responsible for making decisions required to maintain acceptable operations based on strategic goals and policies. Displays ingenuity and foresight in determining the most appropriate solution in the absence of established guidelines.
- Confers with other department directors when necessary to resolve procedural difficulties, clarifying department responsibilities, objectives and resolving identified problems.
- Direct, reviews and analyzes progress and performance of contract services personnel. Makes recommendation on contract initiation, renewals and termination.
- Responsible for special projects as assigned by the Administrative Management Team. Meets all objectives as set forth in individual evaluation and displays a good work attitude towards job responsibilities.
- Adheres to hospital/departmental attendance policy, work hours and maintenance of personal appearance as stated in facility policy.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without comprising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system and reports trends in occurrences to staff. This information is used to improve patient safety.
- Ensures staff is educated on established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
- Addresses patient safety in the Performance Improvement Plan.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Proven administrative ability for the direction, control and planning activities of a hospital based department.
- Capable of analyzing and preparing complex records and reports.
- Ability to remain calm, to think and act quickly and logically in a crisis situation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Requires team player, positive, can-do winning attitude.
- 3-5 years' experience in field preferred
- 3-5 years' management experience preferred
- 4 year Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution required.
- Florida Radiographer License required (Within 6 months of hire date)
- National Registry (ARRT) required
You are worth more than a paycheck. Our Benefits Raise the Bar:
- 401(k) with an employer match up to 9%
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Student Loan Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Family Leave
- Medical Plan Options, Dental & Vision
- And much more!
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website