DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center is a 216-bed acute care hospital proudly serving Bay County and surrounding communities for 40 years. The hospital was recently named a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® – heart failure, heart attack, pneumonia, surgical care, and perinatal care – for the fourth consecutive year and has achieved certifications for its stroke and wound care. Located in Panama City, Florida, its team of more than 450 providers and 1,000 employees work to ensure patients receive the highest quality of care every day. With the area's only designated Pediatric ER, four-bed Pediatric ICU and 28-bed NICU, the hospital is ready to care for our youngest residents. The hospital has the only Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI as recognized by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. Additionally, the hospital's cancer program is accredited by the Commission on Cancer and the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC). These designations enhance the hospital's quality of care and demonstrate its commitment to higher, measurable standards of care.POSITION SUMMARY: The Paramedic is responsible for implementing technical procedures and providing direct patient care under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse and/or Physician. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Receives patients from EMS personnel and prepares patients for physician's care.
- Assists physicians with patient examinations or treatments as directed.
- Performs patient care to include: taking vital signs, measuring & recording input/output, attaching oxygen and cardiac monitors, performing 12 lead EKG, suctioning patient airways as directed, inserting/removing urinary catheters, applying/changing sterile dressings, removing sutures/staples, assisting with application of orthopedic splinting materials.
- Performs venipuncture, collects laboratory specimens, inserts and removes peripheral intravenous catheters from extremities.
- Administers medication from approved paramedic list as directed by the physician.
- Demonstrates knowledge and respect of patient rights to privacy and protection of patient confidentiality.
- Organizes and communicates patient care activities to the patient and to the Registered Nurse.
- Monitors and documents information regarding patient activities, as directed by the Registered Nurse.
- Demonstrates an understanding of patient charts, physician orders and nursing orders.
- Promotes and displays a positive customer oriented demeanor to patients, visitors, staff and physicians.
- Demonstrates an understanding and is proficient in the use of a computer and office equipment.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the notification reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
- Maintains the unit in optimal operating condition by cleaning general work areas and stocking supplies. These supplies can include items that contain a medication.
- Transports emergently needed medications from the pharmacy to the nursing staff, with the exception of narcotics.
- Transports monitored and non-monitored patients to inpatient units and diagnostic areas.
- May have access to the medication room or designated areas to transport, assemble, and stock (inventory) of non scheduled drugs and biologicals to include but not limited to fluids, sterile water, normal saline, and irrigations.
- Participate in the unit based Quality Improvement process.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your benefits include:
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee discount program
- Employee stock purchase program
- Student loan repayment
QualificationsEDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Graduate from a state licensed Paramedic program.
- Florida Paramedic certification
- BLS at hire
- Additional certifications as outlined in specific unit competencies (ACLS, PALS)
- Experience commensurate with unit standards
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician's orders.
- Knowledge of body substance isolation.
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs.
- Basic computer skills
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website