The Senior Human Resources Generalist administers human resources policies and programs and also works independently to solve complex HR-related issues. While balancing employee advocacy and business operating needs, promote equity, fair treatment, and positive employee relations as well as understand and support the accomplishment of business priorities by providing comprehensive HR support, directly or indirectly to the business in the areas of critical talent retention, ongoing performance coaching and management, pro-active issue/problem identification and resolution, and coaching and development for more effective leadership decision and communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with employees, managers and senior HR leaders of the organization to build credible relationships allowing for better decisions and organizational effectiveness.
- Provide guidance to management and employees on human resources issues and to ensure compliance with all state and federal employment laws and programs.
- Develop or modify policies, programs and initiatives and procedures to meet organizational needs.
- Assure company policies are effectively communicated and administered fairly and consistently.
- Conduct complex/sensitive employee related investigations and perform advanced employee relations activities including support and counseling for job-related conflicts, problem solving and dispute resolution, managing employee performance issues, review and assessment of termination requests, and conducting exit interviews.
- Handle all HR involvement with unemployment and workers compensation activities and claims.
- Manage the administration of all Leave of Absence programs and processes.
- Coordinate with Corporate team to conduct open enrollment and other benefits related programs and events as needed.
- Conduct employee and supervisor training regarding HRIS tools, benefits, policies and procedures, and the prevention of harassment and discrimination.
- Manage HR Coordinator and/or Administrative roles to ensure timely and accurate entries to the HRIS database, time and payroll entries and related support, and effective maintenance of employee records in compliance with state and federal requirements.
- All other duties as requested.
Job Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in human resources, psychology, or other business-related discipline
- 5 years' Human Resources experience in a distribution center or manufacturing environment with significant nonexempt populations preferred
- Microsoft Office knowledge intermediate to expert required, power user a plus- MS Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
- Experience with HRIS and KRONOS tools strongly preferred
- Knowledge of local, state and federal employment laws and procedures as well as employee relations procedures and applicable law
- PHR or SHRM-CP certifications preferred
Job Qualifications- Skills
- Demonstrate a high level of trust, confidentiality, and good judgment
- Must have superior oral and written communication skills and an ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
- Ability to be a collaborative, team player
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and organize work effectively and to accomplish job duties in an efficient and timely manner
- Ability to work independently
- Strong consultative and coaching skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong business acumen
- Strong project management skills
General office environment requiring ability to:
- stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time
- speak and listen to others in person and over the phone
- use keyboard and read from computer screen and reports
- lift up to 50 lbs.
About Harbor Freight Tools
In 1977, Harbor Freight Tools was started as a small family-owned business. We made a commitment to provide working people with great quality tools at the lowest prices. And for over 43 years, Harbor Freight Tools has done just that. From hand tools and generators, to air and power tools, from shop equipment to automotive tools, Harbor Freight offers more than 5,000 tools and accessories at quality levels that match or exceed competing brands, but at prices that are up to 80% less. All while developing and launching over 1,000 new tools each year. We're not your typical retailer. We're a team of high-achievers, who have a passion for excellence and continuous improvement and obsess about getting things done. We're also equally committed to doing the right thing and giving back to our community. And for us, collaboration is the golden rule. We're a 43 year-old, $5 billion company with over 1,100 stores, opening 2-3 new stores a week with over 40 million loyal customers and growing. If you are looking for a not so ordinary and highly rewarding career opportunity, we would love to talk with you. Delivering Value to the Hardworking Since 1977.
Apply on company website