The Palms at La Quinta Assisted Living & Memory Care, the premier assisted living community in La Quinta, is now hiring for a full-time Charge Nurse for the evening shift.
Brief Summary of the Position:
Administers or assists residents to self-administer medications and treatments; measures vital signs and weight; and performs other health services tasks. Communicates with physicians, and documents pertinent information. Adheres to home health, hospice, and emergency protocols.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
· Must be 18 years of age.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
· Maintains current professional LVN license.
· Maintains current medication assistant related certifications in applicable state.
· Maintains current CPR and first aid certification.
· Meets state health related requirements.
· Ability to work in a team setting and be a team player.
· Possess organizational skills.
· Possess excellent customer service skills.
· Ability to work under time constraints and meet department deadlines.
· Ability to follow and adhere to policies, procedures and standards.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Administers or assists residents to self administer medications and treatments.
· Measures vital signs and weight.
· Collects, stores, and assures transport of certain specimens for laboratory studies.
· Adheres to all medication room systems per Hawthorn policy.
· Communicates with physicians via fax, visit form, and telephone and implements physician orders.
· Documents pertinent information in resident charts and elsewhere per Hawthorn policy.
· Adheres to home health, hospice, and emergency protocols including performing CPR and administering first aid as necessary.
· Supervises resident assistants to assure daily completion of their duties.
· Observes and reports resident problems.
· Reads Communication Log and enters pertinent information in log each shift.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Health Services.
Our residents deserve the best so we are seeking someone who understands hospitality, integrity and compassion.
Please come by and complete an application (no phone calls) or email your resume to:
The Palms at La Quinta Assisted Living & Memory Care
45160 Seeley Drive
La Quinta, CA 92253
We do pre-employment background checks, employment verifications, and reference checks. The Palms at La Quinta Assisted Living & Memory Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website