Edgewood Point, the premier assisted living community in Beaverton, is now hiring for a full-time Kitchen Helper. The Kitchen Helper is cross-trained to do all tasks in kitchen. This is a training and development role with the hope that you will aspire to become part of our essential culinary personnel in the future. Such potential openings after training and proven performance development and skills include but are not limited to becoming a Cook, Sous Chef, or Executive Chef.
Job Duties and Requirements:
· Help serve meals to residents at their tables.
· Clear dishes from resident's dining tables.
· Wash and store dishes.
· Set dining room tables.
· Light food preparation tasks as needed.
Skills and Abilities:
· You must be 18 years of age or older.
· Ability to communicate, in a clear and concise manner with our residents.
· To be successful in this role you must have a friendly, professional, and energetic personality and have a passion for improving the lives of others.
· You must have general knowledge of cleaning and sanitation procedures.
· To fulfill state regulations, it is required that you maintain food handlers' permit
· Possessing a strong desire to advance in the culinary industry by working hard and meeting time lines is essential to this role.
Our residents deserve the best so we are seeking someone who understands hospitality, integrity and compassion. We believe patience, loyalty, understanding, and hard work are the core components of rewarding lives and careers. If this interests you, come join our team!
About Our Benefits:
We offer competitive compensation and a benefit package that includes paid time off and the opportunity to elect healthcare, dental, vision and disability benefits, as well as supplemental life insurance. In addition, we offer a 401k plan with a match determined by the Company and an employee assistant program (EAP). We also have a very unique culture and love to celebrate year-round!
How to Apply:
Please come by and complete an application (no phone calls), we would love to meet you!
Edgewood Point Assisted Living
7733 SW Scholls Ferry Road
Beaverton, OR 97008
Fax: (503) 671-9245
Submit your resume for consideration. Edgewood.Hiring@hawthornret.com
We do pre-employment background checks, employment verifications and reference checks. Edgewood Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website