Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Surgery Scheduler with HCA Florida Fort Pierce Surgical Specialists you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!Benefits
HCA Florida Fort Pierce Surgical Specialists, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the HCA Florida Fort Pierce Surgical Specialists family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Surgery Scheduler to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary and Qualifications
Seeking a Surgery Scheduler for our practice who provides clinical expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now.
What you will do in this role:
Obtains CPT and ICD-10 Diagnosis codes and other clinical information as required for treatment of the patient from practice staff; seeks assistance from practice and facility coders as determined through practice and family processes
Determines O.R. time needed for the procedure and works with Facility to ensure procedure is scheduled, daily schedule is streamlined and arranges necessary anesthesia coverage, as determined through facility processed. Ensures all requirements for the procedure have been obtained and confirmed with the facility or other parties to include medical/imaging records and needed equipment/instruments.
Verifies/confirms physician is credentialed at the Center of Facility before scheduling the patient.
Ensures efficient coordination of provider clinic and facility schedule which could include awareness of provider's schedule and coordination of provider time-out, travel, meetings, conferences, and continuing medical education.
Supports and adheres to HCA Code of Conduct, related Ethics and Compliance policies, and HIPAA requirements
What Qualifications you will need:
High school degree preferred
Minimum (1) year of experience in a medical office setting highly preferred (i.e. ambulatory surgery center, hospital, doctors office)
BLS may be required as per practice standard
Physician Services Group is skilled in physician employment, practice and urgent care operations. We are experts in hospitalist integration, and graduate medical education. We lead more than 1,300 physician practices and 170+ urgent care centers. We are HCA Healthcare's graduate medical education leader. We provide direction for over 260 exceptional resident and fellowship programs. We focus on carrying out value-added solutions. These solutions help physicians deliver patient-centered healthcare. We support HCA Healthcare's commitment to the care and improvement of human life.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Surgery Scheduler opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website