Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) RN Med Surge you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you – at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Florida JFK North Hospital which is a part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.Benefits
HCA Florida JFK North Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at HCA Florida JFK North Hospital!Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Medical/Surgical Registered Nurse (RN), you will work to provide patient care for a variety of diagnosis for patient(s). You work with a team of physicians and multiple other healthcare professionals. You will care for patients where their medical condition is typically not at the critical level. Most patients on this unit are being treated and tested for one or more medical conditions, and/or are recovering from surgery.
Tasks and responsibilities, you will:
- Assess, plan and evaluate patient care needs.
- Prioritize patient care based on acuity level and available resources.
- Assist physician during examination, treatment and procedures.
- Administer prescribed medications, change dressings, clean wounds and monitor vital signs.
- Monitor, record and communicate patient condition, as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation system.
- Provide age and culturally appropriate care.
- FL RN Licensure or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
- Current certifications: BLS & ACLS (AHA)
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida JFK North Hospital is a 280-bed acute care facility. We have a 124-bed behavioral health unit. We are located in West Palm Beach, FL. HCA Florida JFK North Hospital has served the healthcare needs of Palm Beach County for 46 years. Our technology to offer patients superior outcomes, less pain and improved recovery times. Our services include a 24-hour Emergency Department, Advanced Primary Certified Stroke Center, Orthopedic Institute, Critical Care Unit and an Interventional Vascular Suite. We have Inpatient Diabetes Care, Diagnostic Imaging, Outpatient Rehabilitation, and a Center for Pain Care and surgical services. HCA Florida JFK North Hospital offers services for mental health and wellness for children, adolescents, adults and seniors. We have 600 colleagues and 900 medical staff. We are dedicated to our mission; Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our RN Med Surge opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website