Description$5K SIGN ON BONUS AND/OR RELOCATION AVAILABLE
This is a full-time, evening shift (with rotating weekends) position
New grads welcomed!
HCA Florida Northside Hospital
6000 49th St North St. Petersburg, FL 33709
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Medical Laboratory Technician today with Northside Hospital. Northside Hospital is a 288-bed facility, offering a full range of services including interventional stroke care and full service orthopedic, spine treatment and preventative and a 24 hour emergency department. As the only nationally recognized Comprehensive Stroke Center in Pinellas County, our technologically advanced facility allows our superior physicians and nursing staff to care for our growing community. Our focus on quality and safety is continuously recognized by The Joint Commission.Benefits
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Northside Hospital, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Come join our team as a(an) Medical Laboratory Technician. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!Job Summary and Qualifications
Seeking a Medical Laboratory Technician to provide expertise and champion results. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels the patient experience is as meaningful as we do.
- Perform accurate and timely laboratory testing
- Seek guidance from medical technologists, supervisors, department head, and medical director in the review and interpretation of clinical laboratory data
- Complete all required records/documentation pertaining to patient results
- Perform stat procedures, timed studies, and routine tests within established turnaround time targets
- Review pending logs (OSR) and result logs; resolve any outstanding workload or communicates to staff relief
- Perform quality control procedures per protocol and completes necessary documentation
- Take pertinent corrective action when the patient, control, standard, calibration and/or proficiency results are not within appropriate guidelines
- Assist supervisor in meeting department regulatory agency requirements (CAP, etc.)
You Should Have:
- A 2-Year/Associate Degree in Science is required
- A State of Florida Technician License OR the ability to obtain a license during the interview process
- ASCP or similar certification is very helpful
Integrated Regional Labs Integrated Regional Laboratories (IRL) is a full service provider for clinical laboratory and anatomic pathology services, providing hospitals, physicians and clients with timely diagnostic information for patient care. IRL is a laboratory service component of HCA Healthcare supporting hospital and commercial lab services for over 80 HCA facilities in the state of Florida.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Medical Laboratory Technician opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website