Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) RN Progressive Care PRN I you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you – at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Florida Northside Hospital which is a part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.Benefits
HCA Florida Northside Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at HCA Florida Northside Hospital!Job Summary and Qualifications
We are seeking a Progressive Care Registered Nurse. You will provide clinical expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care in a high acuity environment. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now.
What you will do in this role:
- You will assess, plan, intervene and evaluate the care of Progressive Care Unit patients.
- You will instruct patients and families regarding medications and treatment instructions.
- You will maintain and review patients' records including posting tests and examination results.
- You will administer medications in accordance with physician orders.
- Licensure as a Florida Registered Nurse in accordance with state regulations or appropriate compact licensure. If compact license held, active FL RN license required within 90 days of hire.
- Nursing Diploma or ASN required; BSN preferred.
- Previous experience in an acute care setting strongly preferred.
- Current American Heart Association BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required.
- Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills
Northside Hospital is a 280+ bed facility offering state-of-the-art treatment. We are located in the heart of South Pinellas County. We're minutes from the pristine Gulf Coast beaches and downtown St. Petersburg, FL. Our facility offers a full range of services. These include interventional stroke care, and spine care. These also include orthopedics, 24-hour emergency services, cardiac care and general surgery. We are the first nationally recognized Comprehensive Stroke Center in Pinellas County. Northside Hospital is proud of our recognition as an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI. We are an American College of Radiology Accredited facility. We are a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures. The Tampa Bay Heart Institute at Northside Hospital is a comprehensive cardiac care center. Our heart program is widely known for introducing new procedures. The team at Northside Hospital continues to expand its services. We strive to give the St. Petersburg community a healthier tomorrow.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for ten consecutive years (2010-2019). In 2019, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our RN Progressive Care PRN I opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website