HCA Florida Palms West Hospital is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for RN Observation position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.Benefits
HCA Florida Palms West Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at HCA Florida Palms West Hospital!Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Telemetry Registered Nurse (RN), you will work to provide care for patients whose medical needs are more complex and require close monitoring and frequent assessment. Many patients on this Unit are treated for cardiovascular issues, renal failure and/or heart disease. You work with a team of physicians and multiple other healthcare professionals.
Tasks and responsibilities, you will:
- Assess, plan and evaluate patient care needs.
- Prioritize patient care based on acuity level and available resources.
- Assist physician during examination, treatment and procedures.
- Administer prescribed medications, change dressings, clean wounds and monitor vital signs.
- Monitor, record and communicate patient condition, as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation system.
- Provide age and culturally appropriate care.
·FL RN Licensure or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
·Current certifications: BLS & ACLS (AHA)
·EKG Certification preferred
·1 year nursing experience preferred
·Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
·Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida Palms West Hospital is a 204-bed facility in Palm Beach County. We offer preventative and elective programs and surgeries. We are an Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) Primary Stroke Center. HCA Florida Palms West Hospital has emergency services, a dedicated New Life Center and a Level II NICU. We have a full-service Children's Hospital. Services include outpatient rehabilitation, an aquatics center, orthopedic spine center, robotics, and interventional radiology. HCA Florida Palms West Hospital is located on a 94-acre campus in Palm Beach County. The surrounding areas include Wellington, Royal Palm Beach and Loxahatchee. Wellington is known for its parks and quality schools. Royal Palm Beach and Loxahatchee are known for their large acreage parcels, new homes, and equestrian community. We invite you to explore career opportunities with us at HCA Florida Palms West Hospital. Join our team of top healthcare professionals while enjoying all Palm Beach County has to offer.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Across HCA Healthcare's more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our RN Observation opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website