HCA Florida St. Petersburg Hospital
6500 38th Ave N St. Petersburg, FL 33710
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Laboratory Assistant you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Florida St. Petersburg Hospital which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
HCA Florida St. Petersburg Hospital. Our full-service 215-bed acute care facility provides a wide range of healthcare services to communities in St. Petersburg, Pinellas County and beyond.Benefits
HCA Florida St. Petersburg Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Laboratory Assistant where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
As a Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist, you will be responsible for:
- Specimen collection and testing requirements and understanding specimen rejection
- Collecting blood specimens through venipuncture methods and skin puncture practices on pediatric, neonatal, adults and geriatric patients
- Completing appropriate specimen collection documentation
- Following established procedures for patient identification and specimen collection based test orders
- Educating patient and/or family regarding specimen collection procedures prior to obtaining specimen
- Using our computer information system relative to job functions
- Clerical duties (i.e., faxing, phones, pneumatic tube system, reports)
- Reviewing Outstanding Specimen Report (OSR) and pending specimen collections/accessioning issues; take action as appropriate
- A completed high school diploma or GED
- A vocational/technical diploma
- A phlebotomy certificate is beneficial
- Less than 1 year of experience in a clinical laboratory setting
- Time management and customer service skills
- High School Graduate / GED
- No Travel Travel Required
- 1 years experience Required Years of Experience
- This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida St. Petersburg Hospital is a 215 bed acute care hospital. We are Joint Commission accredited. We provide emergency, diagnostic, medical and surgical services. We have women's services that include labor and delivery, post-partum and nursery. We are an accredited advanced primary stroke center and chest pain center. We are a certified atrial fibrillation center and an accredited community cancer center. We are a LGBTQ healthcare equality index leader and are the women's choice award for best emergency care for the 4th year in a row. We are a blue distinction center+ for maternity care and are accredited as a breast center with digital imaging and computer aided detection. We are a GYN robotic surgery training epicenter. We have a pelvic pain and incontinence center and an orthopedic center for join replacement and spine surgery. We are located in Pinellas County. St. Petersburg is growing and offers nightlife and outdoor activities. Our hospital has ranked as a top work place by the Tampa Bay Times. We hope you'll consider our careers at HCA Florida St. Petersburg Hospital.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Laboratory Assistant opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website