DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
HCA Healthcare ITG
Please click the link above to Watch our Identity Video to get a closer look at who we are and what we do!
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
At HCA Healthcare, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medical and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
The Consulting Data Quality Application Engineer will be responsible for supporting core processes, systems, and implementing innovative data quality solutions within HCA Healthcare Information Technology Group (ITG) Information Management & Analytics Department.
This role requires writing code alongside other developers as well as researching, architecting, gathering data-quality requirements, designing, documenting, and modifying software throughout the complete production life cycle.
Specific areas of focus include auditing processes and systems, leading the requirements development for applying technology to satisfy business needs, defines and documents implementation of data governance systems, operations, analytics, and project management.
In addition, this position acts as the liaison among cross-functional internal stakeholders to analyze, document, communicate, and validate business and system requirements for platform applications.
The successful candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to establish effective working relationships and manage multiple priorities.
• Direct cross-functional strategic initiatives related to data quality and integrity, lead and execute data investigations, and recommend process improvements across governed processes.
• Provide tactical direction that will lead to improved operating efficiencies and enhanced user experience.
• Proactively identify and resolve issues related to data quality development.
• Utilize resources such as consultants and third party vendors for the execution of objectives.
• Build relationships with stakeholders.
• Influence stakeholders and business partners to support vision and solutions.
• Present and facilitate meetings adapting data quality content to the different audiences.
• Establish open, transparent communication on a one-on-one basis.
• Manage different stakeholders and influence behaviors related to the use of the information quality by communicating success, concerns, risks, and status updates on related work.
• Collaborate with peers to share learnings, core processes, systems, and data quality best practices.
• Cultivate data quality teamwork by facilitating cross department communication.
• Communicate data quality issues as outlined in the Information Governance (IG) program.
• Resolve data quality disputes and conflict by having challenging conversations while maintaining composure.
• Influence individuals and teams to agreement on potentially divisive topics.
• Understand and empathize with disparate groups to achieve alignment on the best course of action forward for the enterprise.
Business Subject Matter Expert
• Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their IG/DQ strategy.
• Facilitate the communication and translation of business user IG requirements and DQ solutions between the customer community (internal and external customers) and internal ITG.
• Assist stakeholders to diagnose IG/DQ problems and understand business needs.
Process and Data Analysis
• Understand how data moves through enterprise systems and processes, address questions and concerns regarding data quality and integrity, and work with ITG system and business process leads to make changes related to information governance.
• Elicit requirements using techniques such as interviews, workshops, surveys, job shadowing, documentation review, use case and scenario development, and process, task and workflow analysis.
• Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and articulate solutions.
• Engage with internal audit to identify and manage the closure of identified data risks.
• Collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure issues are identified, tracked, communicated and resolved in a timely manner.
• Understand and support core business processes.
• Introduce innovation where possible.
• Proficient with technology including Ataccama™ Data Quality Suite®, MS Office® applications, database concepts, executing data imports and exports, and running reports.
• Ability to understand the lowest detail of a process and understand its implications on broader, integrated processes.
• Analyze proposed IG/DQ changes and provide benefits and risks of alternative approaches.
System Key User
• Primary point of contact for ITG communications related to the Data Quality implementation.
• Primary point of contact for managing business and ITG pipeline demands and aligning with global stakeholders.
• Responsible for ensuring that DQ system requirements are fully documented using standard templates, understood and implemented as intended.
• Create DQ training materials and documentation for DQ system users.
• Train end users on DQ software and related processes.
• Monitor user adoption rates and respond as needed to ensure DQ software is used to its full potential.
• Responsible for ensuring DQ software changes are communicated to the user community.
• Actively support all aspects of the Information Governance Program.
• Identify causes of poor data quality management, implement solutions and communicate findings to employees, management, and stakeholders.
• Ensure DQ processes adhere to data management policy.
• Collaborate with Business Process owners and Data Stewards to develop methods for synchronizing data entering company systems.
• Lead post mortem meetings and report out on data impacts across organization in a manner, which instills confidence in DQ issue understanding, impact and next steps along with prevention/elimination recommendations.
• Understand inter-relationship of systems and processes, which could be corrupt data impacting events and recommend course of action.
• Model the behaviors of championing data as an asset.
• Lead projects or sub teams as needed to execute IG/DQ objectives.
• Define and articulate the business benefit of respective DQ project.
• Lead the required change management and communication across functional teams for any respective assigned DQ project.
• Engage field leadership to gain buy in to support the respective DQ project.
• Report all violations immediately to management.
• Document observations and provide information to management as necessary.
• Demonstrates high ethical and professional standards with all business contacts and HCA employees.
7+ years of experience are needed for a successful candidate. Additional qualifications are listed below.
• Minimum of three (3) year of Healthcare industry experience.
• Demonstrated understanding and ability to apply principles, concepts, practices, and standards including knowledge and use of industry practices.
• Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate ideas, facts, and technical information to senior management, as well as other internal customers both verbally and written.
• Demonstrated excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to work with other disciplines.
• Models willingness to learn and stay up-to-date.
• Ability to train user groups and key stakeholders.
• Demonstrated ability to identify and analyze problems, evaluate alternatives, and implement effective DQ solutions.
• Effective analytical and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and coordinate efforts with colleagues from several functional areas.
• Ability to work independently with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in the fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve results in a highly matrixed organization.
Bachelor's degree is preferred.
• Required experience: Proficient with Ataccama Data Quality Center and Reference Data Management software
• Applied knowledge of data-warehouse design and implementation of data quality concepts
• Knowledge of: Visio, Power Designer, SQL Server, Teradata or other database; or data quality tool
• Knowledge of administrative tools: Doclib, Remedy, HOST, ZEKE, Clarity, Quality Center, Atlas, MS Team Foundation Services
• Knowledge of technical environments: Windows, Unix, Linux, Firewall
HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 265,000 people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It's an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we're connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website