DescriptionThis position is incentive eligible.
Salary Estimate: $103417.60 - $168584.00 / year
Learn more about the benefits offered for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.Introduction
Intensive Care Consortium is our intensivist group aimed at improving the quality of care for critically ill patients in the ICU. By implementing programs that provide immediate critical care for patients, ICC has been successful at reducing complication and mortality rates, lowering length of stay, and improving patient/ family satisfaction while improving operational and financial efficiency for the hospital. ICC with HCA employs over 300 physicians and 70 advanced practice providers in 50+ programs with six to eight new programs opening each year. The success of the ICC program relies on strong team building strategies within the ICU, the hardwiring of best practice evidence base protocols and streamlining the delivery of hospital wide critical care services.
***The ideal candidates will be based in Salt Lake City or Las Vegas to best support our Mountain & Far West Divisions.***
The Director of Clinical Operations/ Director of Operations (hybrid role) provides leadership and direction for program management and operations and is responsible for existing program management and successful implementation of new programs across the Intensive Care Consortium (ICC) enterprise footprint. The Director of Clinical Operations owns the development of standardized ICC program standards which includes communication and implementation of standardized operations processes, workflow design, and ongoing measurement of key success indicators.
In collaboration with ICC Leadership, facilitates, organizes the creation, and manages the following:
- Advanced Practice Providers Orientation Manual
- Annual gap assessment
- Policy/procedure annual review
- Job descriptions
- Recruitment of new providers
- New employee contract negotiations and on-boarding
- Recruits, hires and onboards Program Coordinators and Program Managers as needed
- Implementation manual
- Intensivist orientation manual
- Provides leadership and ongoing administrative management for all aspects of physicians and APPs, clinical operations, quality, and ensures regulatory and HCA policies and procedures are implement for efficient, effective management for all sites as assigned
- Provides programs clinical operations support for program development and acts as a resource for evidence based practice processes and order sets, which involves collecting and sharing best practices between facilities
- Participates in the development and implementation of compliance, training and education, policies and procedures including best practices and provides leadership/education to facility providers and ancillary staff on ICC model/expectations
- Leads facility leadership to establish best practices to meet clinical outcome measures
- Integrates into the facility to provide ICC support by attending Critical Care committee meetings and attend Sepsis Committee meetings
- Leads quality outcome improvement activities and ensures facility satisfaction with ICC program on a regular basis
- Supports ICC Providers on-site by lobbying to executive team for needed equipment to provide quality care to the critically ill
- Work effectively with the physician recruiting and HR functions of HCA Physician Services and hospital liaisons to support the placement of qualified physicians in hospital based programs
- Ensure that HCA Physician Services compliance, training and education, policies and procedures are implemented for efficient, effective management of all programs, as appropriate for Hospital Based Physicians
- Display consistent behavior that enhances the public image of the organization as evidenced by professionalism in interactions with peers, subordinates, customers, (patients, families, physicians, payors, vendors, etc.)
- Participate in the recruitment, interviewing, selecting and hiring of new employees as assigned
- Participate in ongoing orientation and education of new and existing employees as assigned
Ongoing mentoring and oversight of Program Coordinators and Program Managers as indicated
- Monitor and report on portfolio financial performance
- Work effectively with development to enhance growth initiatives
- Support the goals of the facilities, divisions and markets
- Serve as a key member of the leadership team
Facilitates and organizes ICC committees and sub-committees to ensure coordination and collaboration between all key stakeholders
Collaborates with Chief Operating Officer & AVP Clinical Operations to create executive summary communications and presentations for all clinical and business operations across the company o Including but not limited to facility executives, corporate executives, ICC internal team
EDUCATION & LICENSE:
- Bachelor's Degree in nursing is required; Master's Degree in Business Administration, Nursing, or Healthcare Management preferred
- RN required
- Five to eight years project and/or program management experience required, including the ability to manage multiple projects and programs to successful completion for multiple hospitals, business offices or health systems.
- Experience in leading large, enterprise-scale projects or programs
- Experience leading healthcare operations
HCA offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Physician Services Group is skilled in physician employment, practice and urgent care operations. We are experts in hospitalist integration, and graduate medical education. We lead more than 1,300 physician practices and 170+ urgent care centers. We are HCA Healthcare's graduate medical education leader. We provide direction for over 260 exceptional resident and fellowship programs. We focus on carrying out value-added solutions. These solutions help physicians deliver patient-centered healthcare. We support HCA Healthcare's commitment to the care and improvement of human life.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Director of Clinical Operations ICC opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website