Methodist Physician Practices is seeking a lung transplant pulmonologist to join the developing Lung Transplant Program in San Antonio, TX. Come grow your career with this exciting, unique opportunity to support the development of our lung transplant program!
Position Highlights & Requirements:
- Successful candidates must be BC/BE in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine and have experience in all aspects of medical management of lung transplant patients, including donor management, management of end-stage lung diseases, ECMO management, and post-transplant longitudinal care
- A minimum of 12 months of post training experience is preferred
- Candidates will work closely with the Medical Director of Lung Transplant and the Cardiothoracic Surgery team to grow the program.
- A strong focus on patient-centered care and quality improvement is desired
- Night and weekend call required
- Eligible for an unrestricted medical licensure in Texas required
- Experienced pulmonary and cardiothoracic surgery team
- Physician-centric culture
- Nurse practitioner support
- Robust multidisciplinary team
- Sign-on bonus
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefit package that includes health and dental coverage
- Relocation assistance
- Paid malpractice
About Methodist Hospital & Methodist Healthcare System:
- 25 operating suites and 811 beds
- Lung transplant program established in 2021
- Largest Heart Transplant program in South Texas, saving over 500 lives
- Over 150 ECMOs annually, largest provider of ECMO program in San Antonio
- Methodist Healthcare System is the largest provider of health care in South and Central Texas with 28 facilities, including nine acute care hospitals serving over 94,000 inpatients and 500,000 outpatients annually
San Antonio is home to 2.5 million people and is experiencing solid economic growth in industries such as bioscience and healthcare, aerospace, IT and cybersecurity and green technologies. San Antonio's MSA is expected to add up to 1.1 million new residents and 500,000 new jobs by 2040. This growing city offers big-city amenities and world-renowned attractions coupled with a relaxed and inviting atmosphere for all ages. San Antonio residents also enjoy a cost of living slightly below the national average due to lower housing costs, as well as no state income tax.
Methodist Physician Practices is seeking a lung transplant pulmonologist to join the developing Lung Transplant Program in San Antonio, TX. Come...
Apply on company website