DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Nurse Manager to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake – Webster, TX
Nurse Manager (RN) – Rehab
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake is a full-service hospital offering a 531 bed inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services. The campus includes Level II trauma capabilities, a Neuroscience Institute, The Heart & Vascular Hospital, a bariatrics program, the Breast Diagnostic Center, a wound care center, a level III Neonatal ICU, and the area's only pediatric emergency department and pediatric ICU.
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What will you do in the role?
• Responsible for assisting, planning, implementing and evaluating care for patients on the specific units.
• Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice for the Unit and managing all assigned personnel, supplies, and equipment
• Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess, and improve the quality of patient care.
• Functions as charge nurse on assigned shifts if needed.
• Communicates with Nurse Director, ANM, Supervisor, AOS and Case Manager regarding patient care, staff conflicts and unusual occurrences.
• Assist in ensuring supplies and equipment are available for use.
• Displays positive customer service behaviors.
• Acts as clinical resource for the staff.
• Assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures in conjunction with the Director of Outpatient Services that guide and support the provision of services
• Assist in planning and implementing educational needs for the Outpatient Services staff.
• Assists in continuous assessment and performance improvement programs
• Provides direction and instruction to staff in organization and coordination of patient care
• Provides recommendations for space and other resources needed
• Participates in the selection of sources for needed services not provided by the department or the organization.
• Follows up in a timely manner in response to all patient's/ family concerns including communication with administrator on site.
• Maintains TJCA standards and Patient Safety Goals. Stays up to date on guidelines for other regulatory agencies.
• Supports the mission, goals and objectives of the hospital.
• Responsible for the appropriate orientation and in-service training and continuing education of all personnel on the Unit.
• Responsible for ensuring Through Put Plan is followed continuously and reviewing for process improvement.
• Assists Director in reviewing eMar scanned reports.
• Responsible for ensuring core measure patients are identified and protocols followed.
• Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing. BSN is required.
What qualifications you will need:
• Current licensure in Texas as a Registered Nurse.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in an acute care setting is required. Candidate must have Medical/Surgical experience. Acute care Rehab experience is preferred. 1 year of Manager Experience is preferred.
• American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support course (BLS or BCLS) and certification is required.
• American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support course (ALS or ACLS) and certification is required.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website