DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake – Webster, TX
Registered Nurse - Med Surg Overflow Unit
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake is a full-service hospital offering a 531 bed inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services. The campus includes Level II trauma capabilities, a Neuroscience Institute, The Heart & Vascular Hospital, a bariatrics program, the Breast Diagnostic Center, a wound care center, a level III Neonatal ICU, and the area's only pediatric emergency department and pediatric ICU.
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:
- Responsible for assessing, planning and implementing the admission process.
- Responsible for coordinating care and collaborating with other departments to ensure positive patient outcomes and that all of the needs of the patients and significant others are met.
- Maintains competency in performing skills as outlined in the Competency Assessment checklist (as appropriate).
- Actively participates in quality improvement activities on a daily basis to promote positive patient outcomes. Identifies trends, single significant events and opportunities to improve care, as well as assists with the development, implementation and evaluation of action plans. Works collaboratively with other staff, physicians, and Charge Nurse to constantly improve the quality of care.
- Responsible for the administration of medications, knowledge of actions, indications, adverse reactions, dosage, and route. Also, must reassess patients for effectiveness of medication and document appropriately.
- Coordinates discharge planning/case management services from the Observation Unit.
- Expedites diagnostic work-up. Advises on appropriate level of care. Understands EMTALA.
- Obtains handles and documents various specimens appropriately according to policies and procedures.
- Maintains clear and respectful communication with patient, family, physician, and other healthcare providers. Practices excellent customer service at all times.
What qualification you will need:
- At least one (1) year of recent/current Med/Surg experience in hospital setting.
- Current Texas licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners as an RN.
- Current BLS certification from the American Heart Association required.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website