DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Lead Medical Technologist to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe – Conroe, TXLead Medical Technologist - Laboratory Shift: Full Time Days
HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe is a tertiary acute care 342 bed hospital that has been serving the community for more than 75 years. It provides a 24-hour designated Level II trauma center, Level III neonatal intensive care unit, cardiac care services, women's center, daVinci robotic surgery, neurosciences, pediatric care, rehabilitation therapy, sleep center, radiology, hyperbaric medicine, diagnostic/imaging services, and wound care facility.
HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.What you will do in this role:
- Responsible for training and evaluating staff on the overall code of conduct and specific policies and procedures that affect department specific responsibilities (examples may include but not limited to PEPP, medical necessity, lab compliance, billing and coding).
- If an ethics and compliance issue is identified, takes appropriate action to correct and/or report any violation that he/she is aware of in the department or the facility
- Assists in data collection for statistical surveys or other reports generated by the Department.
- Participates in quality control and performance improvement activities within the Department.
- Maintains a good understanding of the operation of all equipment in the performance of clinical laboratory testing to include troubleshooting and minor repair.
- Facilitates communication between the Laboratory and members of the Medical Staff and other Hospital Departments to enhance patient care services.
- Maintains proper monthly scheduling of section employees for coverage of current patient workload.
- Maintains adequate inventory of Section supplies.
- Responsible for procedure validation within designated section.
- Responsible for instrumentation calibration for responsible section.
- Maintains compliance with CAP regulations for laboratory section of responsibility.
QualificationsWhat qualifications you will need:
- Must have completed the Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Technology or related Science Field or hold Medical Technologist credentials from a recognized credentialing agency.
- Must have a minimum of two years previous experience in a medical laboratory with a hospital setting preferred.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website