DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Registered Nurse.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,student loan repayment program, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe – Conroe, TX
Registered Nurse (RN) - Interventional Radiology
HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe is a tertiary acute care 342 bedhospital that has been serving the community for more than 75 years. It provides a 24-hour designated Level II trauma center, Level III neonatal intensive care unit, cardiac care services, women's center, daVinci robotic surgery, neurosciences, pediatric care, rehabilitation therapy, sleep center, radiology, hyperbaric medicine, diagnostic/imaging services, and wound care facility.
HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.What you will do in this role:
- Under the general direction of the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory Manager, the Interventional Radiology Supervisor and the hospital nursing policies the Interventional Radiology Nurse is responsible for professional nursing care and related assistance to patients upon admission to the department.
- The nurse's purpose is to assist and support the patient so that imaging procedures can be performed in a safe and efficient manner.
- To accomplish this, the Interventional Radiology Nurse is required to assist in all aspects of the procedure except for the use of radiation producing equipment.
- The Interventional Radiology Supervisor is responsible for providing the nurse with appropriate orientation and training in the radiation safety aspects of the imaging equipment they must work with.
- The Interventional Radiology Nurse is also responsible for the maintenance and security of the Department's medication supply, monitoring of patients receiving conscious sedation, and keeping appropriate medical records relating to patient care.
- The Interventional Radiology Nurse will provide all imaging personnel with in-service education and training relating to patient care and patient care devices.
- The Interventional Radiology Nurse will actively communicate with physicians, nursing units, and family members concerning the patient's well-being, exam status and care, and will perform appropriate patient teaching as needed.
- The Interventional Radiology Nurse will actively communicate, cooperate with, and assist other nurses.
- The Interventional Radiology Nurse's patient care skills are subject to the policies and procedures of the hospital nursing service. Responsible on-call participation is required for this position.
QualificationsWhat qualification you will need:
- Current licensure in Texas as a Registered Nurse or an approved compact state as a Registered Nurse.
- Graduate form an accredited School of Professional Nursing
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BLCLS) and Certification
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website