DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have a rewarding opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Pharmacy Clinical Manager.
HealthTrust is the supply chain solution for the HCA Healthcare, a Fortune 100 company with more than 200,000 employees and one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services. HCA operates over 170 locally managed hospitals and over 100 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom. HCA has been named one of the world's most ethical companies for eight years in a row. At HCA, we are driven by a single goal: the care and improvement of human life. If this describes you, we want your knowledge and expertise!
At HCA Houston Kingwood, we serve the livable forest with advanced hospital services in our 419 bed acute care facility. As a part of HCA Houston Healthcare, we are proud to offer our community access to advanced medical care and physicians trained at top hospitals.
Committed to the care and improvement of our patients and community, we provide the following:
- 24-hour emergency rooms
- Innovative and customized cardiovascular services, including open heart and vascular surgery
- State-of-the-art imaging and endoscopy services for more accurate diagnosis and treatment plans
- Solis Mammography Center providing expert breast care
- Inpatient rehabilitation for physical recovery from stroke, trauma, orthopedic injuries and more
- An advanced Brain & Spine Center, which includes a DNV Comprehensive Stroke Center and the Sleep Center of Excellence
- Women's Center with a high-risk OB and Level III NICU, as well as pediatric services with access to pediatric specialists
- Orthopedic Center offering total joint replacement surgery using advanced technology
- Educational and outreach programs
As a Pharmacy Clinical Manager, you will be responsible for designing, implementing and managing the pharmacy clinical programs. This includes formulary management, policy and procedure development and education across the healthcare spectrum. The Clinical Manager shall also assist in managing the pharmacy when the Pharmacy Director or designee is unavailable.
What you will do in this role (included but not limited to):
- Monitor drug therapy regimens for contraindications, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, allergies and appropriateness of drug and dose
- Provide clinical consultation and clarification to practitioners. Suggests appropriate, cost-effective therapeutic alternatives to medical staff as needed
- Sustain the hospital formulary, minimizing nonformulary procurement, utilizing therapeutic interchanges and promotes rational drug therapy selection.
- Identify, design and analyze drug utilization reviews to promote rational drug therapy and determines action plan based on results
- Provide accurate and timely medication information to healthcare staff and patients
- Develop, manage and mentor pharmacy clinical programs such as drug consults, nutrition support, pharmacokinetics, anticoagulant monitoring, pain management, IV to PO, renal dosing and other programs as determined appropriate based on patient population and literature guidelines
- Responsible for design, analysis and reporting of adverse drug reactions, medication errors and pharmacy quality initiatives. Mentors others in their roles for these programs
- Participate with various nursing and medical staff committees as necessary
- B.S. or Pharm D. from an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy required. Doctor of Pharmacy from an ACPE-accredited college of pharmacy is preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year as a Pharmacy Clinical/Operations Specialist required.
- At least 3 years of hospital pharmacy experience required; preferably within area of focus. Hospital pharmacy management experience preferred.
- Completion of hospital PGY2/ pharmacy specialty residency or fellowship preferred.
- Specialty BCPS certification, ACLS or other certification (e.g. FCCP, FASHP) preferred.
- Hospital Pharmacy Management experience is preferred
- Active Pharmacist license in good standing with the appropriate State Board of Pharmacy
- Active Pharmacy Consultant license required, or equivalent as per State requirements for a Pharmacy Director/Pharmacist in Charge, if facility pharmacy does not have a Pharmacy Operations Manager position available.
- Experience working in Microsoft Office, Meditech, Business Objects and purchasing vendor applications required.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply.Our benefits package allows you to select the options that best meet the needs of you and your family. Benefits include 401(k) with a company match, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flex spending for both health and day care, life insurance, disability, tuition reimbursement, student loan assistance, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website