DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Nurse Manager for the Intensive Care Unit to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland is a 222-bed acute care facility that has been an integral part of Galveston County for more than 60 years. It offers services in emergency medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, surgery, physical therapy, radiology, total joint replacements, hyperbaric medicine diagnostic/imaging services and wound care facilities.
HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center. For more information, visit www.HCAGulfCoast.com.
Our Managers have access to a variety of resources to help you reach your goals including:
- A comprehensive orientation process
- Valuable mentorship from specialty specific educators
- Leadership development programs
- State-of-the-art units equipped with the latest technologies in patient care
Nurse Manager (RN) – Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
What you will do in this role:
- Completes administrative duties / reports in a timely manner.
- Identifies areas for improvement with ICU staffing and processes.
- Seeks and implements solutions to actual and potential problems identified in the ICU
- Works with other departments to improve coordination of care activities in the ICU.
- Identifies staff development needs and provides plan to improve deficiencies or advance the level of practice.
- Creates and maintains an atmosphere in the workplace that is conducive to employee's personal and professional growth.
- Exemplifies high level customer service skills in all interactions.
- Willingly provides direct patient care when required, models expected behaviors to staff.
- Effectively manages conflict on the unit.
- Assists Charge Nurse in managing patient volumes/flow process
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing; BSN required
- Current Licensed as an RN in the State of Texas.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support course (BLS or BCLS) and certification required
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and certification required
- Specialty certification preferred.
- Five years recent clinical experience – Intensive Care Unit
- Three years nursing management experience preferred.
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physician partners. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten of our HCA Healthcare facilities have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website