DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Medical Staff Services Manager to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest is a 423-bed acute care hospital that has been serving the north Houston community for more than 40 years, providing a wide range of medical services including cardiology, maternity care, neonatal intensive care, pediatrics, bariatrics and neurology. To learn more about the programs and upcoming events at HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest, visit www.HCAhoustonhealthcare.com.
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center. For more information, visit www.HCAGulfCoast.com.
Our Managers have access to a variety of resources to help you reach your goals including:
- A comprehensive orientation process
- Valuable mentorship from specialty specific educators
- Leadership development programs
- State-of-the-art units equipped with the latest technologies in patient care
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest - Houston, Texas
Manager – Medical Staff Services
What you will do in this role:
• Supervises Credentialing Coordinator daily and other department staff in Director's absence.
* Processes applications and reapplications
• Responsible for the Meditech Provider Dictionary and eSAF management
• Directly handles request for temporary privileges within the boundaries of the Medical Staff Bylaws
• Provides primary notification to facility departments of new members of the Medical Staff and APP Staff
• Ensures compliance with Santion sweeps
• Processes and seeks approval of all Tier 3 DHPs release by HealthTrust VPro
• Ensures expirables are updated
• Maintain Medical Staff Delineation of Privileges forms
• Maintains Hospital on-line Physician On-Call Schedules • Uses logic and problem solving skills to address varied and complex problems
• Possesses knowledge and skills to carry out job responsibilities and duties related to credentialing, medical staff meeting matters, and Bylaws
• Functional/technical skills including proficiency in the use of a computer, various software and databases
What you will need:
- Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist "CPCS" Certification required. If not certified, must obtain within 3 years of employment.
- 5+ years medical staff experience
- Supervisory experience preferred
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physician partners. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility-based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten of our HCA Healthcare facilities have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website