DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Registered Nurse for the Intensive Care Unit.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Registered Nurse for the Intensive Care Unit to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball is a 350-bed offering a wide variety of services, including emergency care, labor and delivery, a level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), general surgery, orthopedics, and robotic surgery. The hospital's 150-acre campus also features The Tomball Regional Orthopedic Center, The Women's Center, Texas Sports Medicine Center, and The Heart and Vascular Center.
Our Registered Nurses have access to a variety of resources to help you reach your goals including:
- A comprehensive orientation process
- Valuable mentorship from specialty specific educators
- Leadership development programs
- State-of-the-art units equipped with the latest technologies in patient care
What you will do in this role:
- Assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for assigned patient
- Meeting the Standards of Practice for the Emergency Department (ED) and managing all assigned personnel, supplies and equipment
- Participate in activities to plan, measure, assess and improve the quality of patient care
- Routinely provides triage assessment for patients presenting for treatment
- Routinely performs venipunctures for obtaining specimens for lab tests
- Routinely provides intervention in emergency, life-threatening situations
- Assumes the responsibility of charging the department, as needed
- ADN required; BSN enrolled
- 1 year Critical Care experience in a hospital setting
- Current Texas State RN license or compact license
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS issued by the American Heart Association required
- EKG certification or successful challenge of EKG exam
- ACLS and PALS certification within 6 months of hire
- TNCC certification required within 18 months of hire
- CEN certification encouraged
- NIHSS certification within 6 months of hire, unless currently certified then needs to be maintained.
- Two acute stroke educational activities attended annually
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physician partners. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten of our HCA Healthcare facilities have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website