DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Tomball Regional Medical Center – Tomball, Texas
Registered Nurse – Medical Surgical 4 Tower
Since 1976, Tomball Regional Medical Center (TRMC) has provided quality healthcare to the communities we serve including emergency care, labor and delivery, a level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), general surgery, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, acute inpatient rehabilitation, sports medicine, physical therapy, orthopedics, outpatient testing, wound care and many others. Our 150-acre campus and 191 bed hospital also features designated specialty centers: the Heart Center, the Tomball Regional Medical Center Wound and Hyperbaric Center, and Texas Sports Medicine Center.
Tomball Regional Medical Center is currently looking for a Registered Nurse – Medical Surgical 4 Tower
- Under the general direction of the Director/Manager, Medical/Surgical Unit, the Registered Nurse is responsible for the provision of safe and effective care to patients admitted for specialized care.
- Is responsible for initiating, guiding, and directing the coordination of services provided by the nursing unit.
- Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education to promote effective management of the areas of responsibility.
- Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided by the unit.
- Makes decisions regarding activities for the unit based on Administrative Operational Standards, Department of Nursing Standards, Human Resource Standards, and Unit Standards with collaboration with the Chief Nursing Officer in unusual situations.
- Assesses, monitors, records, reports, and follows through on symptoms or changes in patients' conditions.
- Creates and maintains accurate, detailed reports and records.
- Consults and coordinates with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement, evaluate, and modify the plan of care, as indicated by the patient's responses and conditions.
- Delegates nursing tasks as appropriate and safe, but retains accountability for patient care
- Provides individualized education for the patient, family, and or caregiver throughout the continuum of care.
- Adheres to standards of safety and infection control, in the delivery of patient care.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of and complies with all policies and procedures related to the performance of job duties
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge regarding operation of patient-related equipment
- Demonstrates proficiency in performance of job-related technical skills
- Demonstrates current knowledge of medications, actions, contraindications, and adverse reactions.
- Consistently attends and actively participates in unit meeting
- Serves as a participant on Nursing service committees and/or unit projects
- Accountable for maintaining and improving own professional nursing knowledge/competence through establishment of personal goals and continuous self-development
- Uses job knowledge/proficiency of skills to successfully assist in orientation of new employees
- Ensures personal safety and the safety of patients and visitor
- Includes principles of infection control in nursing care implementation
- Demonstrates knowledge of Patient safety goals.
- Completes other activities as assigned
- Displays a positive attitude in a professional and courteous manner on a daily basis while performing job duties.
- Accepts changes in responsibility in a positive and effective manner
- Accepts constructive criticism and profits by translating it into positive action
- Displays customer service orientation when providing care/services
- Maintains an environment conducive to open communication, cooperation, and positive staff development through active listening and other effective communications
- Serves as a role model to others demonstrating desirable work habits by creating an atmosphere of pride in workmanship
- Supports hospital mission, objectives, decisions, and policies
- Identifies when a CNA is in need of RN assistance for completion of patient care assignments, willing assist CNA with passing/collecting meal trays, linen changes, bathing/ambulating patients etc.
- Current licensure in Texas as a Registered Nurse.
- Previous clinical nursing experience.
- BLS/ ACLS from the American Heart Association.
- ADN Required, BSN preferred
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website