We are the Health Care Management division of HCSC — a team of dedicated nurses, doctors and other clinicians. Everything we do, and every decision we make, aims to help our members live their most healthy lives. We treat the whole person with integrated pharmacy, physical and mental health care benefits.
We're also tackling the social determinants of health by creating non-clinical partnerships in the communities where we work and live, because everyone should have access to quality health care. We use innovative tools and approaches to help members get the most out of their plan benefits, as affordably as possible. We are more than a health care insurer and we are truly anchored in our purpose: to do everything in our power to stand by our members in sickness and in health.
This position is responsible for creating reports, insights and analytics in support of the division; creating specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs; possibly providing consultation to users and working on cross-functional teams to address the division's issues; producing datasets and reports for analysis using system reporting tools; possibly performing research and assisting in analyzing data related to the division's strategic initiatives and broader research needs; interfacing between the business and divisional data teams to generate tools to be leveraged in building analysis and reports which are actionable within the business environment; working closely with customers to build relationships; and continuously gaining a deeper understanding of the division's data in order to meet business needs; analyzing complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers; identifying and interpreting trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences.
* Bachelor Degree and 2 year experience in data analysis and information reporting data OR 4 year experience in data analysis and information reporting data.
* Analyze possible solutions using standard procedures to solve routine or basic problems.
* Use best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services.
* Solve complex problems with guidance.
* Produce data sets and reports for analysis using SQL, Excel or other reporting tools.
* Verify accuracy of reports and provide insights.
* Knowledge of SQL, SAS and/or Teradata or other reporting tools / languages.
* Work with both internal and external data
* Work on multiple projects simultaneously, both independently and as part of a team to accomplish goals.
* Learn needed skills by performing assigned work.
* Tableu dashboard development experience.
* Strong SQL experience.
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website