Why Intern at Health Care Service Corporation?
Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC), a Mutual Legal Reserve Company and an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, is the largest customer-owned health insurer in the United States and fourth largest overall, operating through our Blue Cross and Blue Shield® Plans in Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas. HCSC affiliates and subsidiaries such as Dearborn National®, TMG Health and Medecision, offer group life, disability and dental solutions, as well as a range of other individual solutions. The company, founded in 1936, serves nearly 15 million members across five states and employs more than 21,000 people in over 60 local offices. HCSC is dedicated to expanding access to high quality, cost effective health care and equipping our members with information and tools so they can make the best health care decisions for themselves and their families. Our health plans were pioneers in their states, as they were the first to provide coverage for a number of procedures ranging from heart and bone marrow transplants, to cancer and leukemia treatments. Today, we are leaders in the development of value-based care models to spur greater collaboration and accountability among various stakeholders to improve the health care experience for patients and consumers and enable them lead healthier lives.
This ten-week paid internship can be located in Chicago, IL or Richardson, TX.
What Are Your Responsibilities?
– Assist with analyzing business goals, objectives, and needs of business stakeholders
– Analyzing data and key performance indicators and patterns which need improvement to meet the business needs of the organization
– Help Stakeholders plan and design business processes and make recommendations for improvement
– Meet and coordinate with multiple stakeholders, deliver requirements and overall scope and enable system alignment
– Help launch new initiatives and assist with tracking progress, milestones and deadlines as part of creating reports for leadership
– Perform administrative and other duties assigned under close supervision
What Do You Need To Be Successful?
– Experience with systems, applications and technologies is a plus
– Prior IT or Analytics internship experience is a plus
– Demonstrated agility - able to pick up new tasks quickly and generate results in a demanding and high-performing environment
– Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication
– Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with a consulting mindset
– Practical, developed PC skills, especially Excel, Word, Outlook, SharePoint, collaboration tools and PowerPoint
What Are the Requirements You Must Meet?
– Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Data Analytics or other related technical degree program
– Graduation date between December 2021 – June 2022
– A minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
– Availability to work 10 weeks during the summer
– Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
What Does the Internship Program Entail?
– Formal Intern Orientation to build business and industry acumen
– Challenging real-world hands-on project
– Weekly networking opportunities among interns and company leaders
– Professional development workshops
– Business Resource Group involvement
– Volunteer activities
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website