The primary function of this position is to prepare, prime and paint fabricated parts used in the manufacturing process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs various duties pertaining to cleaning and painting of all manufactured products requiring the highest skill level
- Paints all products with greatest skill level and highest degree of proficiency applying all techniques using pressure pot, cup gun and airless spray equipment.
- Prepares metal surfaces to be coated by sanding/abrading and pre-cleaning to remove grease, dirt, rust and other contaminants.
- Masks off areas not to be painted efficiently.
- Ability to tack off metal surfaces to ensure a clean, dirt free surface.
- Sprays wet coatings onto prepared surfaces using high volume/low pressure spray guns
- Utilizes a mil thickness testing gauge to determine if appropriate amount of paint has been applied
- Pre paint inspects parts for flaws
- Post paint inspects coated parts for runs, sags and uncoated areas
- Performs all operator maintenance on paint booths and various types of spray equipment
- Accurately reports shop floor production data via computer terminal and/or written reporting
- Follows both visual and written work instructions in order to complete assigned tasks within set time allotted
- Supports, communicates, reinforces and defends the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Adheres to all quality and safety standards
- Supports other projects and performs duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
YEARS EXPERIENCE/LEVEL OF EDUCATION:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred
- Minimum of three years of industry related experience preferred
- Must be able to speak, read and understand English
- Knowledge necessary to
- select the proper process, equipment, and materials to apply best possible paint application to products
- determine repairs, what needs to be done to prior applications to apply quality touch up or to totally repaint product
- select proper paints and chemicals and mix material effectively. This determination may come from assessment of surfaces of product or by reading and interpreting manufacturing processes, blueprints and other work instructions
- Experience with body filler and the ability to apply and sand filler to make necessary repairs to metal surfaces
- Experience with caulking/sealing and the ability to cleanly apply caulking to seams to satisfy appearance acceptance requirements
- Ability and willingness to work overtime when necessary, including weekends
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
- Work is accomplished in a moderately clean plant environment
- The production floor does not have a cooling system
- The sound level in the work environment may fluctuate due to noises associated with manufacturing process
- Regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil and/or fumes
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Performs all work in accordance with safety and workmanship and good housekeeping specifications
- Frequent lifting and pushing of up to 50 lbs., repetitive motion, occasional lifting and pushing up to 75 lbs
- Ability to climb ladders up to 10 feet, work on top of units with heights up to 12 feet, bend, kneel, work overhead with arms, and sit or stand for several hours at a time
- Eye/hand coordination required, with steady and agile hands to operate equipment and tools
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Ability to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), as required per plant rules
Equal Opportunity Employer of protected Veterans, disabled individuals or other individuals regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, age or sexual orientation
Apply on company website