Activity Staff reports to the Activity Director. This position is part time and works as a Lifeguard to oversee senior's as they use the aquatic pool at Hebrew Home in Riverdale.
The following is a list of specific duties, which are considered to be essential functions of this job. The list is not exhaustive as all duties are subject to change. This is consistent with our need to be flexible and responsive to the needs of our customers, residents, co-workers and associated policies. The employee who occupies this position is expected to assume any/all duties assigned by management, irrespective of whether such duties are specifically included in this list. While an effort has been made to thoroughly describe the customary manner in which this job is performed, reasonable accommodation will be made upon notification, for qualified individuals with disabilities who may not be able to perform the job in the manner indicated.
- Organize, lead and participate in a wide variety of resident activities on a daily basis with the goal of a high level of resident engagement and enjoyment
- Lead and participate in including special events as needed
- Adapt approach to accommodate different levels of abilities physically and cognitively
- Ensure that events are well-provisioned and that the event takes place on time
- Complete all scheduled activities as described on a daily basis.
- Immediately reach out to the Activity Director or Coordinator if you are unable to compete all scheduled activities in the way they were intended.
- Transport supplies to the location of all scheduled activities, compete clean up and return materials at the conclusion of the activity
- Observing participants at events to gauge their enjoyment and obtain their feedback to improve events
- Keep records regarding resident participation and behaviors as directed
- Complete resident assessments and documentation as directed
- Report medical concerns or observations
- Willingness to utilize computers on a daily basis
- Must be able to cope with the emotional stress associated with working with patients, families, and co-workers
- Must be able to work independently with periodic (daily or less) support and directions
- Responds to and acts appropriately in emergency or disaster situations.
- Adheres to high standards of cleanliness, grooming, hygiene and dress code
- Adheres to all documentation requirements of activities department, facility, and company
- Contributes to a positive work team by sharing information, using problem-solving methods, accepting new ideas, constructive feedback and advice from others
- Demonstrates superior customer service through professionalism, courtesy, consistent and timely follow-up, and positive communication
- Adheres to all policies of company, including job descriptions, certifications requirements, mission statement, HIPAA, confidentiality standards and resident rights
- Adapts to changes in responsibilities in a positive manner, is receptive to new ways of completing tasks, and is flexible in carrying out assignments
- Communicates and interacts professionally and respectfully with others in attending to and meeting their requests
- Perform all other duties as assigned and as required that are in the best interests of the company
- Experience and passion for working in geriatric settings, such as nursing homes or senior centers
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Physically able to perform duties such as standing for long periods, squatting, bending and pushing activity carts
- Proficient in the use of various computer programs
- High school diploma or higher level of education
Recruiter : Email Address
Apply on company website