HealthPRO/Heritage is seeking a Rehabilitation Program Manager-Occupational Therapist for Eden Heights of Olean in Olean, NY. Experience in ALF, home health or outpatient preferred.
The primary purpose of the position is the management and administration of all aspects of rehabilitation services for the respective communities as well as for maintaining a clinical caseload.
The Rehabilitation Program Manager will understand and fulfill the needs of customers and partners and promote an environment that ensures superior clinical and fiscal integrity. The Rehabilitation Program Manager serves as an advocate, educator, liaison and mentor to interdisciplinary team members to include but not limited to community staff, home health staff, hospice staff, physicians, nurses and others.
• Maintains a clinical caseload.
• Demonstrates strong clinical knowledge and understands the role of rehabilitation for all clinical disciplines and product lines within the Assisted Living, Independent Living and CCRC settings.
• Understands the Federal, State and Local laws, rules and regulations related to therapy service delivery in Assisted Living, Independent Living and CCRC settings and ensures all staff are compliant with the standards.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of life span growth and development and assesses data reflective of the resident's status. Interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each resident's requirements relative to his or her age specific needs and provides care according to department policies and procedures.
• Demonstrates good planning, organizational and interpersonal skills necessary to maintain a safe, orderly and goal directed work environment for self and the therapy team.
• Represents HealthPRO-Heritage in a professional, courteous and competent manner as the point of contact for all community customer concerns or issues and problem resolution.
• Acts as a liaison between HealthPRO-Heritage management, Home Health, Hospice and community administration and is able to communicate assertively, diplomatically, and clearly through informal and formal mechanisms.
• Integrates clinical programs and addresses community-specific needs related to marketing.
• Participates as a member of community based committees, as needed, to promote mutually developed goals for clinical programs/marketing while maintaining fiscally responsible time utilization.
• Participates in the implementation of Quality Improvement Programs.
• Participates in patient care meetings to facilitate open communication while acting within HIPAA guidelines.
• Provides classes and education to the community, physicians, other healthcare providers as well as community staff, residents and their families regarding therapy and facility services.
• Participates in community events that describe therapy services.
• Plans, schedules coordinates and directs rehabilitation services for the rehabilitation department including approval of vacation.
• Determines staffing needs and schedules to meet the demands of resident care while assisting with recruiting interviews as needed.
• Promotes positive employee relations by facilitating an atmosphere of open communication and problem solving through scheduled team meetings that adhere to all regulatory requirements.
• Responsible for conducting performance appraisals of all rehabilitation personnel, including collaboration and consultation with supervisory personnel to review performance and establish goals.
• Conducts/oversees documentation audits to ensure timely and accurate clinical documentation in accordance with regulations, associated audit policy and procedure, and submits reports to appropriate supervisory personnel.
• Monitors and assists with personnel compliance standards including required credentials, corrective actions, and improvement plans when needed.
• Investigates, follows up and assists in the resolution of staff, service and resident-related issues as requested.
• Develops special programs for resident participation, such as fitness, dementia programming, and various protocols for activities that strengthen and enhance the existing therapy program.
• Provides leadership to and directly manage clinical therapy staff, facilitating a team atmosphere among staff.
• Represents the ethical standards of the company and communicates non-compliance to appropriate supervisory personnel.
• Willingness to work with severely physically, emotionally and cognitively compromised residents.
• Willingness to work in environments with risk of personal injury, exposure to infections, waste materials, infectious diseases, and odors.
• Must be able to cope with the emotional stress associated with working with residents, families, and co-workers.
• Must be able to work independently with periodic (daily or less) support and direction.
• Must have basic knowledge of computers, typing abilities and willingness to utilize computers on a daily basis.
• Supervises Rehabilitation Technicians, students and volunteers as needed.
• Reviews the quality and appropriateness of the total services delivered and individual therapy programs for effectiveness and efficiency, using pre-determined criteria.
• Provides treatment in accordance with established standards of practice, company standards, department procedures and standards according to company guidelines.
• Consistently demonstrates sound judgment in the evaluation, planning implementation and follow up of resident therapy programs.
• Reports to work on time and coordinates schedule to achieve maximum performance standards according to company guidelines.
• Ensures a safe environment and utilizes tools and equipment in a safe manner complying with all infection control, universal precautions, and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional.
• Reports all hazardous conditions including incidents, injuries and equipment to Supervisor/appropriate personnel immediately.
• Responds to and acts appropriately in emergency or disaster situations.
• Adheres to high standards of cleanliness, grooming, hygiene and dress code.
• Contributes to a positive work team by sharing information, using problem-solving methods, accepting new ideas, constructive feedback and advice from others.
• Adheres to all policies of company, including job descriptions, certifications requirements, mission statement, HIPAA, confidentiality standards and resident rights.
• Adapts to changes in responsibilities in a positive manner, is receptive to new ways of completing tasks, and is flexible in carrying out assignments.
• Participates in open and direct communication with supervisor through formal and informal contact.
• Communicates openly and timely and interacts professionally and respectfully with others including rehabilitation staff, community staff, residents and families in attending to and meeting their requests.
• Complies with and follow End of Month policies and procedures to ensure accurate claim submission.
• Prepares and submits requested reports in a timely manner.
• Prepares Additional Development Requests for submission to the Medicare Administrative Contractor according to company policy.
• Independently analyzes, interprets and achieves budget expectations on a consistent basis.
• Performs all other duties as assigned and as required to effectively perform the responsibilities of the position and are in the best interests of the company.
• Occasional overnight travel required.
• Associate's Degree in an allied health field, Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree or a Master's Degree.
• Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education and professional development
• Must maintain valid state professional licensure
Recruiter : Email Address
Apply on company website