DescriptionSHIFT: Work From Home
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? Build an exciting career serving and supporting those charged with direct patient care and improving lives.
HealthTrust is part of the HCA Healthcare family, a Fortune 100 company with more than 250,000 employees and one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services. HCA operates over 180 locally managed hospitals and over 100 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom. HCA has been named one of the world's most ethical companies for eight years in a row. At HCA, we are driven by a single goal: the care and improvement of human life.
At HealthTrust we are committed to strengthening provider performance and clinical excellence through an aligned membership model and the delivery of total spend management advisory solutions that leverage its operator experience, scale and innovation.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment.
As a Centralized Order Entry Pharmacist, you will be responsible for monitoring, evaluating and making recommendations to assure the appropriate and effective use of pharmaceuticals for patient care. You will use the medication process to assess, plan, intervene when necessary, implement and evaluate patient care in compliance with client hospital policies, protocols and procedures.
What you will do in this role:
- Ensure facility procedures are followed when non-formulary drugs, target drugs, restricted drugs and investigational drugs are ordered
- Initiate change in assignments based on workload and resources available
- Screen for drug interactions, allergies, order duplications, appropriate diagnosis, renal and liver function prior to order entry
- Assure facility queues are addressed in a timely manner
- Investigate and report adverse drug events and medication incidents
- Facilitate dissemination of drug information in a timely manner to achieve high quality, cost effective, positive therapeutic outcomes when consulted
- Review and interpret all physician orders received, using the patient profile
- Monitor for incompatibilities, concentration and rate on intravenous drugs
EDUCATION | EXPERIENCE | LICENSURE
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college of pharmacy; Pharm.D. preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year hospital experience
- Meditech experience preferred
- Applicable State Pharmacy License is required.
We want YOU to join our tradition of excellence! If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified, you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website