Summary:Want to join one of the nation's best employers? Interested in providing small and medium sized businesses with solutions that make them grow? Do you like serving customers and care about people? Then maybe Heartland is for you:
We're looking for team members who are excited by our mantra - Entrepreneurs Respectfully Serving Entrepreneurs, and who want to work in a culture built on care, focus and quality.
We need customer-focused, can-do, team-oriented folks who are ok with having fun.
Reporting to the Senior Communication Strategist, the payroll communications specialist will be responsible for creating and implementing communications strategies which support Heartland's business goals and strategies and promote its overall brand and company culture, as well as its payroll products and services. The communications specialist should be a strategic thinker with a meticulous attention to detail, who is able to simultaneously deliver on budget and deadline for a wide range of projects for internal and external audiences across all communications channels and platforms.
What will you be doing?
● Develop and implement communication strategies and plans to help drive business goals and objectives, enhance brand recognition and reinforce culture for both internal and external audiences.
● Acquire and maintain a detailed knowledge of Heartland's payroll products and services, as well as related policies and procedures, communication touch points and relevant developments within the Payroll division.
● Partner with leadership to align strategies and communications to drive revenue goals and sales growth while prioritizing and address strategic communications needs.
● Support the customization and cascading of information about company strategy, developments, leadership directives, change management, crisis communications and strategic initiatives within the customer service center.
● Work with key internal contacts to identify communications opportunities, product promotion and brainstorm content ideas for all communications channels and platforms in line with Heartland's strategy and in support of its various brand initiatives.
● Serve as the communications point of contact for the payroll team and provide regular status updates to communications leadership.
● Manage and improve communications flow and effectiveness by working closely with customer services, marketing and creative services teams.
● Conduct regular audits and gather employee feedback to ensure support of strategy and goals, identify successes and possible areas of improvement, and implement enhancements as needed.
● Stay informed and up-to-date on communications trends, technologies and best practices, and provide insight and actionable recommendations.
● Conduct regular peer analysis.
Adhere to company's brand standards and AP style to ensure production of high-quality, error-free communications.
What are the requirements?
● Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing or public relations.
● Three to five years of experience in communications, marketing, public relations, journalism or brand management.
● Experience developing and executing cohesive, strategic communications plans.
● Content writing experience for all media platforms and channels.
● Excellent communicator who works to build solid relationships with internal and external partners.
● Ability to proactively voice opinions and concerns in a collaborative manner with employees across teams, regardless of position.
● Willingness to embrace change and adapt strategies with a sense of urgency.
● Ability to research, gather and organize pertinent research, data and benchmarking.
● Capable of working independently as well as part of a team and able to operate in a collaborative, cross-functional environment.
● Ability to gain insight, see the bigger picture.
● Willingness to continually learn the latest platforms, technology tools and marketing solutions through partnerships and collaboration.
● Works well within timelines and has the ability to multitask and prioritize projects.
● Meticulous attention to detail.
● Sense of entrepreneurial spirit with a willingness to try new things to meet objectives.
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
Apply on company website