Summary:Want to join one of the nation's best employers? Interested in providing small and medium sized businesses with solutions that make them grow? Do you like serving customers and care about people? Then maybe Heartland is for you:
We're looking for team members who are excited by our mantra - Entrepreneurs Respectfully Serving Entrepreneurs, and who want to work in a culture built on care, focus and quality.
We need customer-focused, can-do, team-oriented folks who are ok with having fun.
Heartland Payment Systems is looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer to join the Payroll Technology team in Edmond, OK! The Senior Cloud Engineer is responsible for assisting the developer team with bringing on the latest technologies while making sure they're compatible with the existing architectural landscape. He/She will make recommendations that drive efficiency in the fulfillment process and will measure and report improvement efforts.
What will you be doing?
- Review the current architectural landscape and make appropriate recommendations
- Lead efforts to move the existing infrastructure and commercial applications to Azure
- Lead research, testing, analysis, and documentation of new hardware and software components
- Ensure new technology offerings fit seamlessly into the existing infrastructure
- Use industry knowledge and experience to continuously assess the environment and drive improvements that use the latest technology
- Perform routine tasks, automating as much as possible, for the fulfillment of infrastructure services requests
- Perform root cause analysis of incidents and apply lessons learned to further improve the process
- Recommend new solutions for improving efficiency and reliability in the fulfillment process
- Communicate with leaders, stakeholders, and users on process changes and proposals for future improvements
- Measure and report on the impact of all improvement efforts
- Collaborating with Development, QA and Software Architects to ensure top-notch deployments.
- Brainstorming and contributing ideas to our technology, product, and roadmaps.
- Creating amazing user experiences for both internal and external customers.
- Designs, develops and evolves automation for deployment of IaaS instances and services and the consumption/integration with PaaS services
- Help automate and streamline our operations and processes
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations in all environments
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our pre-production and production environments
- Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development and operations
- Manage Continuous Delivery tools within team and collaborate within larger automation organization
What are the requirements?
- 8+ years of IT experience working with infrastructure support (Computer Science degree and/or technical certifications preferred)
- At least 5 years of operations engineering experience in SaaS Cloud or Hybrid Cloud Environments
- Experience implementing cloud solutions
- History of developing scripts to automate infrastructure fulfillment tasks
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment
- Implementing CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Ansible, Jenkins, Puppet, and GIT
- Experience with cloud orchestration tools, such as Terraform
- General knowledge of the following categories of network systems: Multiprocessing, Threading, Distributed systems, Load Balancing and High Availability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across organizational boundaries and within groups
- Should be a flexible, resourceful, team player that is able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Creative thinking and critical analysis are essential
- Able to collaborate across team boundaries to find solutions
- Knowledge of SQL Server, Oracle, DaaS is preferred
- Experience working with a change management system
- Experience designing and testing DR and high availability solutions
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
Apply on company website